Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Mayweather vs McGregor thread

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As much as I think that the whole thing is a bit of a farce, and that all logic and common sense points to Mayweather winning comfortably, I have this nagging feeling that McGregor will win.

Don't. do. It. Use that £20 to put towards a ticket watching Albion not score any goals.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Oh I won't be putting money on anything either way, I never do.

I was talking pay per view. Actually, it's a decent one to bet on. Mayweather will win .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Haha, fair enough.

I won't be paying for it either, or watching it live at all!

Don't blame you . I do fear a sleepless night though - like when the ashes is on overnight. Long periods of not sleeping punctuated by dreams about cricket, or in this case boxing. I had boxing dreams even last night. I digress

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I can see it being far closer than it should be to engineer another excuse to fight again but can't see floyds ego allowing him to lose his perfect record.

Maybe not but the odds are so poor it's worth a small punt...with the money this farce has generated I'm sure a few people would be rather pleased if it was a glorious draw

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I really want the mouthy Crumlin gobshite to be shut up for a bit. Entire image is based on being unbeatable (even though he has lost).

He's effectively the mouthy wee shit from the smoking area in the Four Roads who went to the gym a lot and somehow made it big.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I really want the mouthy Crumlin gobshite to be shut up for a bit. Entire image is based on being unbeatable (even though he has lost).

He's effectively the mouthy wee shit from the smoking area in the Four Roads who went to the gym a lot and somehow made it big.

Is he as loved in Ireland as they make out in the media?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Generally yes. Not by me.

The Beats ad out this week makes the area he come from look like a council estate in the 1980s. Its not.

There's been a lot of trouble in Crumlin of recent though. That shooting at the boxing weigh-in sounded horrific. Gave me the impression Crumlin is pretty rough.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
There's been a lot of trouble in Crumlin of recent though. That shooting at the boxing weigh-in sounded horrific. Gave me the impression Crumlin is pretty rough.

The shooting was in Whitehall, the other side of the city entirely - and was related to gangs local to that area who have mostly killed each other quite well.

Crumlin was rough until the early 1990s. McGregor relies on the image that it is still the early 1990s there.

There's one pub there (the aforementioned Four Roads) that is full of lads who think they're active service in the IRA - most of them would shit their pants if an IRA man came near them; they've just talked to a Sinn Fein MP at some point in the past six months. The rest is 1930s-50s council housing full of elderly people or young families who bought the house of a right-to-buy tenant. I'd willingly move there - close to the city, decent transport, decent boozers (bar that one) etc.

Martin Cahill, the 'star' of The General and Ordinary Decent Criminal (with a faked name there) was the gangland boss there. The trouble died with him really

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The shooting was in Whitehall, the other side of the city entirely

Crumlin was rough until the early 1990s. McGregor relies on the image that it is still the early 1990s there.

There's one pub there (the aforementioned Four Roads) that is full of lads who think they're active service in the IRA - most of them would shit their pants if an IRA man came near them; they've just talked to a Sinn Fein MP at some point in the past six months. The rest is 1930s-50s council housing full of elderly people or young families who bought the house of a right-to-buy tenant. I'd willingly move there - close to the city, decent transport, decent boozers (bar that one) etc.

Martin Cahill, the 'star' of The General and Ordinary Decent Criminal (with a faked name there) was the gangland boss there. The trouble died with him really

I thought everyone who was involved/caught in the shooting was associated/living in Crumlin?

I could be wrong, though, but interesting that Crumlin isn't the Gaza strip McGregor is making it out to be.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I thought everyone who was involved/caught in the shooting was associated/living in Crumlin?

I could be wrong, though, but interesting that Crumlin isn't the Gaza strip McGregor is making it out to be.

I feel like a tabloid journo here, but I did work for a company now owned by News Corp, so...

The shooting there was a Hutch/Kinahan feud incident. The Hutches come from north inner city Dublin (where I work). The Kinahans are from The Liberties which is around where the Guinness brewery is - about half a mile further in from Crumlin, but that level of distance is pretty major in that kind of gangland scrapping

Crumlin was pretty nasty in the early 90s and McGregor is about my age so he would have seen lots of it as a young child - but its fine now; and he's not helping with his gobbing off about it as if it was still the past.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In my eyes, Mayweather lost all credibility dodging Pacman till he knew he had an evens chance; 5 years earlier then that could have been a great fight. This shoots whatever legacy he thought he had down in flames. I couldn't care less.
This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here