Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One point gained or two points dropped?

Was Watford one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 91 37.0%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 155 63.0%

• Total voters

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
1 down 39 more to go.
Had it as a defeat so I'd say a point gained as a point is a point and we never actually lead the game but we have to be more clinical in front of goal.
Much better team performance today and the players are slowly getting better playing together.
Biggest thing now is for us to get 2 CFs in before the end of the window and get them on the training pitch for the next 2 weeks

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No we wouldn't we sat back far too much

Sat back?

We were in command of the game for large periods of the game. We managed to use our wings very effectively and put some great crosses in.

It was just so clear how much we need a couple of forwards. It's like watching Barcelona play Emile Heskey and Kevin Philips upfront.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Difficult one, with Watford down to 10 men for so long I think logically you would hope we would win, however with only Hemed as our fit striker we were going to find it hard to score today. We need to get strikers in pretty quickly and hopefully get them bedded in over the international break.

Overall, if you had offered me a point pre match I would have bitten your hand off, with new strikers and Izquierdo to come in to the starting 11 we could start to look a bit sharper and Knocky looked up for it today. So I'd say a point gained and move on, although the negative posters will still be out in force tonight.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If you asked me before the game I would have bitten your hand off for a point.

Against a team that had two god results coming into the game, I am more than happy with a point.

Going down to 10 may not have been a massive help as they will have sat back a bit more.

Happy to be off the mark and go into the international break out of the relegation zone

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Brighton never had the lead, and started with 1 point. So 1 point retained, none 'dropped' :bla:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Explain the childish facepalm

"If we have any intentions of staying up" - this says it all, the club clearly has no intention of staying up.

What is childish is the arrogance that SHOULD have taken all 3 points. We're entitled to nothing. Given our situation with only one striker available, Watford have scored 5 in 2 prior....

Perspective is important, and too many are forgetting that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
1 down 39 more to go.
Had it as a defeat so I'd say a point gained as a point is a point and we never actually lead the game but we have to be more clinical in front of goal.
Much better team performance today and the players are slowly getting better playing together.
Biggest thing now is for us to get 2 CFs in before the end of the window and get them on the training pitch for the next 2 weeks

Very much this. Yes of course all three points would have been nice, but l would have bitten anyone's hand off if they had offered us a point before kick-off. At the very least it's or first point on the board and we kept a clean sheet. Watford can be very dangerous from set pieces, even with only ten men. We seemed to gel a bit more as a unit, played a lot more positively, and on another day one or two of those missed chances will drop in. I'm confident our first win isn't too far away.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
"If we have any intentions of staying up" - this says it all, the club clearly has no intention of staying up.

What is childish is the arrogance that SHOULD have taken all 3 points. We're entitled to nothing. Given our situation with only one striker available, Watford have scored 5 in 2 prior....

You seem to think we are relegation certainties after just three games. Such a shame.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

What I meant was to stay up points are like gold dust.

We will not get a better opportunity to get three points away all season, playing against 10 men for 70 mins.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At 3 o'clock I'd have taken a draw - and thus a point gained - with delight. However, having spent the time from about thirty minutes in through to about 70/75 thinking we were going to nick a goal at any time - and we didn't - it now feels like two points dropped, to be honest.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Settling for a point ?

shots.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports