Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One point gained or two points dropped?

Was Watford one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 91 37.0%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 155 63.0%

• Total voters

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Above Palace at the international break. Good enough for me :thumbsup:

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Just seen the highlights on MOTD it must be 2 points dropped they actually discussed us on the analysis!

But from looking at the highlights it seemed we outplayed Watford and things are looking up

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
We were in a very good position to take the three points, but a point and a clean sheet is still very good. Even better is the fact that even prior to the sending off we looked like we were dominating the game. We had much more of an attacking presence, and produced plenty of good chances. Moreover, our defence showed yet again that they are a solid unit and will continue to perform well in the Premier League. Another positive is that Izquierdo, in the short time he was on, already looks to be absolutely flair. Add a good striker to our team and we're going to be a good Premier League side.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Forget the result - what counts is that we were very competitive. For the first time this season we looked like we could win.

Psychologically this was a very important performance - there should be far greater belief for the WBA game in a fortnight and a fitter, bigger squad to select from.

I'm expecting steady progress this season - and hopefully that's what we are getting.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Forget the result - what counts is that we were very competitive. For the first time this season we looked like we could win.

Psychologically this was a very important performance - there should be far greater belief for the WBA game in a fortnight and a fitter, bigger squad to select from.

I'm expecting steady progress this season - and hopefully that's what we are getting.
Absolutely this! An encouraging performance yesterday that should give the team's confidence a boost. Enjoyed it yesterday and am looking forward to WBA now.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Based upon Sky's downloaded highlights, Watford will be mighty relieved with their point, so two dropped for me. On another day, we'd have got 2 goals at least from those near misses.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1 point gained and also a much better team effort.
We'd have won that game 3-0 had we had 2 decent enough strikers on the field.

This the correct answer, as it is we remain Brighton and Hove Albion Nil and we should be happy with a point. I am.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Every point's priceless, particularly away from home. Given Watford's start, few of us would have turned down a point before the start.
That said, playing against 10 for the bulk of the game, and given the dominance we enjoyed, still feels like two points dropped. But plenty of positives, and hopefully a much stronger squad in place by the time West Brom roll up.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Was playing cricket during the match today, when I heard we had drawn 0-0 I was very pleased, away points are very hard to come by in the premier league and Watford have some exciting attacking options. Was pleased for Ryan and the clean sheet.

When I watched Match of the Day and realised they had a man sent off after half an hour and we'd hit the post twice, yeah, a bit peeved we didn't get all three. It didn't look for lack of trying, and I'm content that we're slowly finding our feet in the premier league, its a long season.

Certainly would have take a point this time yesterday

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Absolutely this! An encouraging performance yesterday that should give the team's confidence a boost. Enjoyed it yesterday and am looking forward to WBA now.

Watford finished on 40 points and just outside the relegation Zone last season, Yet another manager has come in trying to sort it all out. and we played 65-70 Mins vs 10 men.
Yes, It will give them a boost. So it has done with Huddersfield playing the premier leagues weaker sides!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here