Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One point gained or two points dropped?

Was Watford one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 91 37.0%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 155 63.0%

• Total voters

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
What I meant was to stay up points are like gold dust.

We will not get a better opportunity to get three points away all season, playing against 10 men for 70 mins.

Perspective is important, and too many are forgetting that.
And yet, you're ignoring the perpective... again.

One recognised striker who hasn't been profilic for us. We may not get 70 minutes against 10 men, but with more and better strikers we may win 90 minutes against 11 men. We are not entitled to win every game we can only use what we have got got, which isn't a lot.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Definitely 2 points dropped. I thought it was a good chance for an away win before the game and even more so after the red.

If we want to stand any chance of staying up, we had to win that game. Hardly ever will we be playing against 10 men for more than an hour away from home and we threw that chance away.

Our recruitment team have let Hughton down massively by not signing at least one better striker by this point. We've known we needed strikers for months, Hemed is way out of his depth, Murray is old and Baldock is a crock. To have not got at least one in by now is really poor.

Having said that, I thought Hughton's game management was slightly negative. It was clear as the game went on we could have played all day and not scored so I can't understand why he didn't try and change it and throw Jose on earlier. I'm as frustrated tonight as I was after the Leicester game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That f*cking donkey Hemed needs shipping out while there's still somebody daft enough to buy him.

You can't say that or some tit will come along and mention the lack of strikers available

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Definitely 2 points dropped. I thought it was a good chance for an away win before the game and even more so after the red.

If we want to stand any chance of staying up, we had to win that game. Hardly ever will we be playing against 10 men for more than an hour away from home and we threw that chance away.

Our recruitment team have let Hughton down massively by not signing at least one better striker by this point. We've known we needed strikers for months, Hemed is way out of his depth, Murray is old and Baldock is a crock. To have not got at least one in by now is really poor.

Having said that, I thought Hughton's game management was slightly negative. It was clear as the game went on we could have played all day and not scored so I can't understand why he didn't try and change it and throw Jose on earlier. I'm as frustrated tonight as I was after the Leicester game.

I agree re Izquierdo though I don't feel as down as after Leicester. The difference then was that we looked pretty poor across the board whereas today we were only really poor up top, as you might expect with just one fit striker, who is Championship level.

In terms of the team performance there were a lot more positives today

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
And yet, you're ignoring the perpective... again.

One recognised striker who hasn't been profilic for us. We may not get 70 minutes against 10 men, but with more and better strikers we may win 90 minutes against 11 men. We are not entitled to win every game we can only use what we have got got, which isn't a lot.

I'm really not.

One striker or not we should be winning that game.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Given the sending off it is probably two points dropped, but at least we are in a position to have the option after being outclassed up to now - so maybe a qualified positive performance if we can kick onwards from here. :):(

It would be nice to score though...

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Two points dropped. Any other team in the PL would've been ruthless and tore Watford apart. We look out of our depth at this level.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Where's the next goal - let alone the next win - coming from? v 9-man West Brom? v 8-man Bournemouth? Oh, well. No-one ever said it was going to be easy.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I agree re Izquierdo though I don't feel as down as after Leicester. The difference then was that we looked pretty poor across the board whereas today we were only really poor up top, as you might expect with just one fit striker, who is Championship level.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but I'm just so frustrated we didn't win.

There were positives, the main two being Knockaert back out on the pitch at his brilliant best and I also thought Suttner looked a lot better today. The other positives were Dunk, Duffy and March who were excellent but I think we already knew they were good enough.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In our position it has to be a point gained and a step forward to wards many more.

Absolutely and utterly this. It never ceases to amaze me that so many people are really shocked by our 'poor' start to the season, but it was always going to be thus. Did they really think that we were going to win any of these three games?

We are a very small fish in a very big pond, and the points that we need for survival were always going to be very hard to dig out. The Premier League is unknown territory, so it will take a little while, like it or not, for our players to adapt. Several encouraging signs today l thought, the team seemed to gel better, we got forward as a unit more, and offered an attacking threat.

Onwards and upwards everybody.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

However our problem has been in the first two games not coping with having no time on the ball.

Today we had 70 mins where a lot was in our favour so I'm not surprised we looked better.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I think it's been good to get our first point on the board and we can build from there. Our recruitment team know what they need to do with the striker situation over the next few days and there is a decent break now before the next game to take stock and get some of the new players to better understand the way Chris wants them to play. We then have a decent run of games in September including 2 home games where we will get a better picture of what our chances are for the rest of the season. Of course it would have been nice to win today, but I really don't see finishing our first 3 games in the premiership out of the relegation zone as a total disaster.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Depends what we do v West Brom for me.

Win that then we've taken the positives and it's a good point . Lose that and it suddenly looks a bad result today . West Brom game is huge .

Hughton too cautious again . If ever you need to roll the dice a bit thenToday was the one . Game was crying out for isquierdo.

No strikers on he bench a full on joke though. I know the club been working hard etc but scandalous we are in this position . Points are so valuable and we are compromising ourselves not sorting all this out from the off .

Side note ,I watched the bournemouth v city game earlier Hoping to see city out class them . Didn't happy and Bournemouth unlucky .

So frustrating as a couple of quality strikers and we could be a very competitive side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here