Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Loads of positives to take out of that game. We can compete at this level being the main one!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brighton have failed to score in their first three Premier League games of 2017-18. Before this season, 11 teams had done this and none of those sides ended the season in the relegation zone.

From the BBC.

Does that mean if we fail to score all season we will win the division? I love statistics:O

boik

Looks to be technically gifted enough. Wether he will ever impose himself on games like you need your centre mids to do, is another thing.

I think he will come good alongside a holding player. The Dutch league seems to be the hardest one to make the transition from, but if we stick with him I think he will come good. Think it will take a little while for all the pieces to slot into place, and I think our final most effective 11 might surprise a few people (probably me included!).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brighton have failed to score in their first three Premier League games of 2017-18. Before this season, 11 teams had done this and none of those sides ended the season in the relegation zone.

From the BBC.

That's a stat i like to hear.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I know this has probably been done but why give Jose only ten minutes? Why not give him time enough to get into the game?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Solly got into some good areas today. He played so well Chris took Knocky off first instead of him!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Good to hear.
Really? Quite a few other people have said he's off the pace and not good enough, Warren didn't seem impressed.

Good.
I could only react from Warren and Johnny, I'm interested to hear the views of those who were there. I am concerned we've wasted a lot of money on Propper, I hope to find that's not the case.

I thought Propper had a really good game until a couple of misplaced passes towards the end. Getting better with each game and looks the business for me and had much more of an understanding with a much improved Stephens as well. Not worried about him at all.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
+ points
We didn't loose
We got a point
Dunk had Andre Gray in his pocket
Albion fans were superb
Maty Ryan didn't make me nervous today
I got to shake hands with Mr Bloom

Solly March looked short of interest
Need a forward...............
Instead of passing out to the wings and crossing to an uncertain chance, try taking a shot, you never know!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought Propper had a really good game until a couple of misplaced passes towards the end. Getting better with each game and looks the business for me and had much more of an understanding with a much improved Stephens as well. Not worried about him at all.
Sounds good.

Regarding your ability to judge players, do people generally agree with your assessment of a player over time, or do you have more of a unique view on the game?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't agree, sorry. Was ok first half and worse when he tired, but generally plays far too deep and gives it away too carelessly.
Ok before he tired is an improvement though, right? Playing too deep isn't a terrible accusation when we're away from home.

His ability to give the ball away is of course a huge concern, it's been his standout feature so far.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thought Stephens was disappointing myself, just slows everything down too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Agree with that. He looked like he was getting more used to the pace of the game.
He will turn out to be a good addition.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
ImgProdotto-3713-1M.jpg

Subutteo have just released their range for officials of today's game, complete with ready made decisions :tosser:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here