Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Watford didn't hit the target, so presumably Ryan didn't have a lot to do? And from what I heard on the radio, Propper was poor again. Which new guys were you thinking of?

I watched it. Ryan was commanding from the box and made some really decent collections from dangerous crosses, he also dealt with some tricky back passes with clever first touches and distribution. He can only save what he has to. Propper was good, he was picking pinpoint passes all across the pitch. Suttner, after a shakey start did a good job going foward linking up with march. And Gross wasn't excellent but did nothing wrong.

My point was, they all looked settled and the chemistry was definitely showing with the way we moved the ball.

Maybe you didn't see that on the radio.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I watched it. Ryan was commanding from the box and made some really decent collections from dangerous crosses. Propper was good, he was picking pinpoint passes all across the pitch. Suttner, after a shakey start did a good job going foward linking up with march. And Gross wasn't excellent but did nothing wrong.

My point was, they all looked settled and the chemistry was definitely showing with the way we moved the ball.

Can't agree, sorry. Was ok first half and worse when he tired, but generally plays far too deep and gives it away too carelessly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I watched it. Ryan was commanding from the box and made some really decent collections from dangerous crosses.
Good to hear.
Propper was good, he was picking pinpoint passes all across the pitch.
Really? Quite a few other people have said he's off the pace and not good enough, Warren didn't seem impressed.

Good.
I could only react from Warren and Johnny, I'm interested to hear the views of those who were there. I am concerned we've wasted a lot of money on Propper, I hope to find that's not the case.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Propper does look a yard behind the pace. Stephens was much better than Propper today.

The man who was outstanding and easily the best player on the pitch was Dunk. I bet he'll be in the England squad before the end of the season. He looked a class above the rest today.

I don;t really agree with that. Stephen did a better job of collecting the ball, turning 360 and passing to dunk.

Propper made half a dozen clever through passes to our forward players opening up the game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Lots of negative comments from people who weren't there. I thought we were excellent, pretty much played them off the park and deserved to win. Dunky was OUTSTANDING.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Was much better. Better movement and understanding in forward areas and the new players looked more settled. The next few days will be crucial and will probably define our season although I was encouraged by what I saw. Good couple of weeks on training ground will help too.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Good to hear.
Really? Quite a few other people have said he's off the pace and not good enough, Warren didn't seem impressed.

Good.
I could only react from Warren and Johnny, I'm interested to hear the views of those who were there. I am concerned we've wasted a lot of money on Propper, I hope to find that's not the case.

I don't get the propper bashing today. he may have lost the ball a couple of times but he created real chances and was attack minded. a few more games he will be up to speed. Stephen did nothing wrong because. he all ways passed it sideways or backwards.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don;t really agree with that. Stephen did a better job of collecting the ball, turning 360 and passing to dunk.

Propper made half a dozen clever through passes to our forward players opening up the game.

Propper definitely played some beautiful passes. but he just at times seemed to get closed down when it looked like he thought he was in space. Stephens on the other hand seemed a lot more up to the pace of the Prem today always giving himself that extra time on the ball and using it well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
On way back now. Disappointed not to win the ref and woodwork keeping it level. Positive performance, a lot of pluses for me. Shows we can have a go at the middling teams in this division. Still needs to strengthen up front, but the first time this season my anxiety levels have gone down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only positive from this match was that Izquierdo looked promising.
That's just silly. Getting a point away to Watford is good, starting the game well even 11 v 11 is good, having the best of it even against 10 is good, keeping a clean sheet is good.

Not scoring is disappointing, but we came pretty close, and we should strengthen before the next game.

Of course given how the game went we'd have liked the 3 points, but surely most of us would have taken this at the start of the game. We're off the mark which is a big deal, and the team will have gained confidence from seeing that they can compete against another PL team.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I'd have taken a point from our first three games.

I think some of our fans have got a little spoilt with us pretty much winning every week for 4 of the last 5 seasons. :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Propper definitely played some beautiful passes. but he just at times seemed to get closed down when it looked like he thought he was in space.
So you're saying there's hope?

giphy.gif

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We're off the mark which is a big deal, and the team will have gained confidence from seeing that they can compete against another PL team.

This.

Plucky little Bournemouth, West Ham and Palace still without points.
All three will have expected better than that from their first 3 fixtures

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I was there. Propper is a baller, will definitely come good. Was excellent before tiring late in the game. For me he's a better version of Stephens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
All the bellend bedwetters are on here?

I just can't decide if I miss the blustering gravel-voiced (but occasionally falsetto, for points of emphasis) men going on and on, largely indecipherably, from the back of a minibus about some essentially spurious point.

Still, Aspinall was on fire for the sending off commentary (in between a lot of calling Hemed Thomas). I'm too lazy to turn the radio off and they've got some kind of edgy-music-for-people-who-have-two-kids thing going on now, there are a lot of so-so 2007 bands but it's an improvement on form

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Brighton have failed to score in their first three Premier League games of 2017-18. Before this season, 11 teams had done this and none of those sides ended the season in the relegation zone.

From the BBC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here