Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our recruitment why leave our business so late?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Much as it pains me to say it, because I think we're doomed without at least one good striker, it shouldn't be forgotten that absolutely THE most important thing is that a club with our history doesn't take reckless gambles and end up in financial trouble. If that means we can't afford to compete at this moment in time, then so be it.

I am with you 100% on this. If we don't have the money to compete I would get it. But then the club should tell the fans that in order to manage our expectations.

Come 2330 tomorrow we will surely have our answer on whether the club has the funds available to compete at PL level.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My source tells me we're making a record signing on Friday morning. Exciting times.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You can't odds "bad luck" but greedy agents can hardly have come as a shock to the club. Now we are in the top tier the agents are just more greedy and the club should have factored that in when considering life in the PL and the price they would have to pay for the quality we need to survive.

You mean we should be paying £1M to a player's family, on top of the loan fee, and wages? That way, administration lies.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am with you 100% on this. If we don't have the money to compete I would get it. But then the club should tell the fans that in order to manage our expectations.

Come 2330 tomorrow we will surely have our answer on whether the club has the funds available to compete at PL level.

Why should the club tell the fans its financial position? At the moment, they are trying to get players in, with the funds available. Agents and players will make their decisions, regardless of what funds we have. Demands will change over the next 24 hours.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Since moving to the Amex we have been told we are "Premier League Ready." Sadly we were not prepared enough to know what decent PL players cost.

Where can I buy some Optimistic pills from.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You mean we should be paying £1M to a player's family, on top of the loan fee, and wages?
That depends on what the rest of the costs are. If we can get a good enough striker for £5m, but need to pay £1m extra to the family, that sounds like a bargain. If we're at the limit of our offer for a player, and then they ask for another £1m, that's obviously not an option.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Since moving to the Amex we have been told we are "Premier League Ready." Sadly we were not prepared enough to know what decent PL players cost.

Recently, haven't Bournemouth, Watford, and Burnley all survived with similar spending to us in the first season they went up??

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
if the papers are to be believed, The are more players turning us down then the ones we can afford at the moment. The whole Strengthening of the squad is nowhere near premier league ready.

And now a goalkeeper has turned us down, who would of easily been competion for Ryan. The whole situation is grim.
The point I have been trying to make.... pre season we are an attractive option... vibrant modern setup riding the crest of a publicity wave..... now we are just also rans with 1 point and a very obvious set of deficiencies.... players of the right calibre will not commit to a team languishing... well maybe another COG or similar, but not quality or experienced at this level.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Whatever the reasons behind why we are where we are, it feels to me like the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't regarding any business between now and tomorrow night, at least in the eyes of a vocal section of NSC posters.

- If we don't sign any strikers, the club will be criticised for our lack of attacking options.

- If we sign two loan strikers, as it has been suggested we may, the club will be criticised for having to rely on loans.

- If we do buy one or more strikers, the club will be criticised for panic buying and said players will be immediately deemed not good enough.

- If we do buy or loan strikers who DO end up being good additions to the squad, the club will be criticised for not having brought them in earlier to give them time to settle and gel with the rest of the team.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Recently, haven't Bournemouth, Watford, and Burnley all survived with similar spending to us in the first season they went up??

Yes. Our likely gross transfer fee spending this summer shows us in line or above all previous seasons promoted club spending so we presumably club had a bit of an idea.

kieran.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whatever the reasons behind why we are where we are, it feels to me like the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't regarding any business between now and tomorrow night, at least in the eyes of a vocal section of NSC posters.

- If we don't sign any strikers, the club will be criticised for our lack of attacking options.

- If we sign two loan strikers, as it has been suggested we may, the club will be criticised for having to rely on loans.

- If we do buy one or more strikers, the club will be criticised for panic buying and said players will be immediately deemed not good enough.

- If we do buy or loan strikers who DO end up being good additions to the squad, the club will be criticised for not having brought them in earlier to give them time to settle and gel with the rest of the team.

Ain't that the truth!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It matters not now. We are where we are.

But we need the main striker in today, and not have that deal hanging over into a busy day tomorrow.

On deadline day we can then concentrate on :

- a defender to let Goldson go out on loan ( doesn't matter so much if this doesn't happen ),
- a third choice keeper ( surely we can get someone, if not Casper will have to do ),
- another striker ( would be ok for Hemed to stay if we don't bring one in ).

Let's get the vital, premium transfer done today so as to reduce the uncertainty tomorrow.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Exactly. If we won the league, people would moan on here that we weren't ambitious with our signings now we are in the Champions League. There are some people on here who only seem to want to moan (and never seem to post when everything is positive).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Valid criticism ( understatement really )

Who cares, but only 2 loans in total allowed from English clubs

Anyone can sign a rubbish striker on a panic buy - again, valid criticism if this happens

Who cares now, we are where we are

It's time to get the main deal done, really.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It matters not now. We are where we are.

But we need the main striker in today, and not have that deal hanging over into a busy day tomorrow.

On deadline day we can then concentrate on :

- a defender to let Goldson go out on loan ( doesn't matter so much if this doesn't happen ),
- a third choice keeper ( surely we can get someone, if not Casper will have to do ),
- another striker ( would be ok for Hemed to stay if we don't bring one in ).

Let's get the vital, premium transfer done today so as to reduce the uncertainty tomorrow.

It doesn't matter how much we want it done today - if the player we want isn't available until tomorrow for all the reasons that we have been through many times, then we will have to wait even if it's not ideal. It just isn't a case of going to the striker supermarket however much we want it to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here