Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our recruitment why leave our business so late?

BN1Matty

Aug 19, 2017
I personally believe the clubs recruitment team have bought in some good players, they have also bought in some shockers. But that's not my point.

Why haven't we completed all our business, look at Huddersfield business complete two results. We are bringing in big signings to late in my opinion and it will be extremely hard for them to bed into the team.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
To piss us off - did you not hear Barber at the fans forum? It's all in the #together pack. We win as one, lose as one and suffer alone...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No decent forwards want to come here so we are having to pay through the nose after everyone else has had their pick. :wink:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I personally believe the clubs recruitment team have bought in some good players, they have also bought in some shockers. But that's not my point.

Why haven't we completed all our business, look at Huddersfield business complete two results. We are bringing in big signings to late in my opinion and it will be extremely hard for them to bed into the team.

Too early to judge at the moment but yes, it does look like we have left it late a like the Sami season when we signed a raft of crap late on in the day. We cannot compare to HUdds though as they have played Palace and Newcaste, we have played Man City and Leicester so too early to say as a comparison.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not sure the results would of been much different from our point of view whether we had completed business or not.
Huddersfield clearly had 2 easier games as well
Club can't foresee failed medical and likewise we chased 1st choice players (Delaney and Abrahams) one cost to much another went elsewhere. I expect a lot of business will be done over the last 5 days as well if the window it's not just us still putting pieces together of the squad

BN1Matty

Aug 19, 2017
To piss us off - did you not hear Barber at the fans forum? It's all in the #together pack. We win as one, lose as one and suffer alone...

Haha it defo does that as well.

Just think there's a lot said for having all your business complete going into first league game, obviously if you need to add to the squad you can but our potential signings are essential.

Is Paul Winstanly in theory a sporting director?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Was it a case of didn't want to pay big money for players early in the window then realised potential relegation rivals were so had to follow suit?
Only hope now is that other sides buy forwards and make available their forwards.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Haha it defo does that as well.

Just think there's a lot said for having all your business complete going into first league game, obviously if you need to add to the squad you can but our potential signings are essential.

Is Paul Winstanly in theory a sporting director?
Interesting question, he sort of is even if not in name. Names generally mean sweet FA (see what I did there?)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Was it a case of didn't want to pay big money for players early in the window then realised potential relegation rivals were so had to follow suit?
Only hope now is that other sides buy forwards and make available their forwards.

Think you're onto something there

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'd have thought this would have been mentioned sooner?

Although I guess it couldn't have been because then it wouldn't have been 'so late'.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm sure Chris Hughton, Paul Barber and Paul Winstanley sat around for weeks playing tiddly winks and then suddenly realised the season was starting so thought we ought to get some players in.

:facepalm:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great isn't it ?

One of the first clubs in the UK to gain promotion therefor we should have been ready for the transfer window to open but we are not. Two defeats, no goals and spunking our Premier league fortune all on overseas gambles.

Are people really that happy so far in what the club has done ? Ignoring [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] it's been a pathetic summer.

People on here whinged when nearly every pundit had us relegated. We have the worse forward line in the Premier league AND BY SOME DISTANCE.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
No decent forwards want to come here so we are having to pay through the nose after everyone else has had their pick. :wink:

There is some truth in that. We feed last in this league.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
You'd think the club might have wanted to get business done early. A 6 week holiday paid for by the club to Timbuktu for the scounting and recruitment team seems a real questionable decision.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Huddersfield deserve praise. Their midfield is stronger than ours as was obvious last season. They have invested in a decent striker and they have won their opening 2 games. We would never win 3-0 at Palace with our current team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here