Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast

Our recruitment why leave our business so late?

3 Not allowed!
    I personally believe the clubs recruitment team have bought in some good players, they have also bought in some shockers. But that's not my point.

Why haven't we completed all our business, look at Huddersfield business complete two results. We are bringing in big signings to late in my opinion and it will be extremely hard for them to bed into the team.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

5 Not allowed!
      To piss us off - did you not hear Barber at the fans forum? It's all in the #together pack. We win as one, lose as one and suffer alone...
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      No decent forwards want to come here so we are having to pay through the nose after everyone else has had their pick.
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come

12 Not allowed!
      When do the kids go back to school?
      Work and family mean I have to watch on the radio

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BN1Matty View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I personally believe the clubs recruitment team have bought in some good players, they have also bought in some shockers. But that's not my point.

Why haven't we completed all our business, look at Huddersfield business complete two results. We are bringing in big signings to late in my opinion and it will be extremely hard for them to bed into the team.
      Too early to judge at the moment but yes, it does look like we have left it late a like the Sami season when we signed a raft of crap late on in the day. We cannot compare to HUdds though as they have played Palace and Newcaste, we have played Man City and Leicester so too early to say as a comparison.

0 Not allowed!
      Not sure the results would of been much different from our point of view whether we had completed business or not.
      Huddersfield clearly had 2 easier games as well
      Club can't foresee failed medical and likewise we chased 1st choice players (Delaney and Abrahams) one cost to much another went elsewhere. I expect a lot of business will be done over the last 5 days as well if the window it's not just us still putting pieces together of the squad

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      To piss us off - did you not hear Barber at the fans forum? It's all in the #together pack. We win as one, lose as one and suffer alone...
      Haha it defo does that as well.

Just think there's a lot said for having all your business complete going into first league game, obviously if you need to add to the squad you can but our potential signings are essential.

Is Paul Winstanly in theory a sporting director?
      Dodge, Can I have a word? Don Tmatter's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Was it a case of didn't want to pay big money for players early in the window then realised potential relegation rivals were so had to follow suit?
      Only hope now is that other sides buy forwards and make available their forwards.
      Thru thick & thin, we'll support you evermore

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BN1Matty View Post
      Haha it defo does that as well.

Just think there's a lot said for having all your business complete going into first league game, obviously if you need to add to the squad you can but our potential signings are essential.

Is Paul Winstanly in theory a sporting director?
      Interesting question, he sort of is even if not in name. Names generally mean sweet FA (see what I did there?)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Don Tmatter View Post
      Was it a case of didn't want to pay big money for players early in the window then realised potential relegation rivals were so had to follow suit?
      Only hope now is that other sides buy forwards and make available their forwards.
      Think you're onto something there