Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull1989 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope I'm not being premature here but the biggest plus of this transfer window is we seemed to have kept Knockaert and Dunk . These are as important than any new signings , biggest mistake was letting Stockdale go , who was arguably our player of the season last year
    You for real?
    We're a premiership club and why would another premiership club buy our unproven players?

Weird post as you'd think we was in the championship going by your post
    UP THE ALBION!!!!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

August &Everything After whitelion's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sir albion View Post
      You for real?
      We're a premiership club and why would another premiership club buy our unproven players?

Weird post as you'd think we was in the championship going by your post
      We are not a Premiership club I repeat we are not a Premiership club for the love of God.
      Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
      Gator Goose Collison? Is that some American cousin of mine I don't know about?

2 Not allowed!
      The simple fact is this. We are after a certain caliber of striker now. Premier League quality, but available, affordable and willing to come to a team who could well be relegated.

Our situation gives leverage to potential signings and their agents. They want to delay things until the last minute when the club are at their most desperate and likely to make concessions.

It's easy to whine because Huddersfield have done all of their business or because we've had "forever" to get a striker in. But you've got to remember that we do business the way Tony Bloom wants to do business. And so far, he's done a pretty fan****ingtastic job of running this club. We're going to try to get the right striker, the right personality, at the right price.

Sometimes that can be perceived as us having a bad back office, being indecisive or too cautious. But we're new to this and these deals take time. We should all have faith in Tony and his recruitment team and judge them after 10-15 games, not three.

4 Not allowed!
      Thanks for your email. The Brighton & Hove Albion player recruitment team are out of the office on Monday 28th August, as it's a UK public holiday.

We will get back to you as soon as we can on Tuesday morning, particularly if your email is regarding a 15+ goal a season striker.

Regards,

Paul and the boys
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!
      You can't undervalue the role of the agents in the annual transfer merry-go-round. There will be a few rare jewels in Europe who slip under the radar but generally the vast majority of the prime players are being tracked by recruitment teams all over the world. The ones who fall into the high-value, high potential category will be pursued by numerous British clubs. Agents know this. Behind the scenes we have countless bidding wars going on, with agents fully aware that stock values rise sharply as we head to deadline days. Albion will have an interest in a few of these bidding rounds. TB will be showing his best poker face. Let's hope we have a few winning hands....

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
      We are not a Premiership club I repeat we are not a Premiership club for the love of God.
      We might not be a Premiership club , but we are a Premier league team
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post
      We should all have faith in Tony and his recruitment team and judge them after 10-15 games, not three.
      True, and I would say judge after 38, but the fact is that TB does make mistakes, notably the GM/CMS farrago (yes he was doubtless heavily influenced by GP but at end of day he is Chairman...), and SH. The first more than conceivably cost us a PO place in 2012 and/or an auto promotion place in 2013; the second lost us at least a season and it could have been much worse had three teams not been even more dreadful than us.

Dont get me wrong, I am thrilled with what we have achived, proud of and very comfortable with our Board and club, and very grateful to TB. But as supporters we are entitled to be greedy and in sport where fine margins matter so much you cannot afford many mistakes. I really hope there is a happy ending but I am slightly uneasy that we have got the recruitment wrong this time.

0 Not allowed!
      Naylor addresses some people he calls the "naive moaners" (who can he mean? ) and insists club's "plans long in place"...but....

"To the naive moaners, Albion's summer explained: Near the bottom of a housing chain, plans long in place, dependent on other deals."
      https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/...75676534583300

0 Not allowed!
      Begging the question:-

'What happens if those other deals don't go through?'
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

0 Not allowed!
      I haven't read 16 pages, but we haven't left recruitment late, I think we were one of the first Prem clubs to sign someone when we got Gross. What we have left late, but by no fault of ours, is the centre forward position, which looks more and more vital. I love Hemed, he gives his all and is not short of confidence, but he lacks the noose we need up front sadly. We missed a 33 year old in Muzza yesterday. The team showed yesterday they can mix it, they have gone past the rabbits out of headlights start. We need a little less hoofball, but we're getting there. Dunk played some wonderful passes out of defence yesterday. We are missing the Jermaine Defoe type forward to complete our summer signings. Someone of his ilk can be the difference between survival and relegation.