Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Watford?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I don't disagree with that, but I think there are very much 2 tiers to the Premier League: 1) Teams that we shouldn't really take points off as a general rule, but will hope to on some occasions and 2) Teams that are closer to our level and we need to be able to compete with to stay up. I'd have Leicester and Man City down as #1's, whereas I'd place Watford under #2.

Surely it's too early in the season to work out who is a 1 or a 2?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Ryan

Suttner
Duffy
Dunk
Bruno

March
Propper
Stephens
Gross
Murphy

Murray
Well that's not a very 'bold' line up. In fact,it's exactly the same team that got nowhere fast against Leicester. I really don't think we can just do the same and hope for the best. Any wingers need to play further forward for a start.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well that's not a very 'bold' line up. In fact,it's exactly the same team that got nowhere fast against Leicester. I really don't think we can just do the same and hope for the best. Any wingers need to play further forward for a start.

I think we have to hope Propper and Gross get better with every game. March was our standout against ManCity, Murphy got motm for a lot of the media against Leicester. I'd stick with them, then change it from the bench. Yes, we need to attack and score, but equally we have to be solid. Don't think Knocky is ready yet, I'd think of him as impact from the bench, then hopefully ready for a start v West Brom.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I think we have to hope Propper and Gross get better with every game. March was our standout against ManCity, Murphy got motm for a lot of the media against Leicester. I'd stick with them, then change it from the bench. Yes, we need to attack and score, but equally we have to be solid. Don't think Knocky is ready yet, I'd think of him as impact from the bench, then hopefully ready for a start v West Brom.

I don't think Gross and Propper will improve enough with the current personnel and tactics. Playing Gross as a number 10 with his attributes just invites pressure. March stood out for taking on two players in the right back position which is the problem with this formation and why he and the other winger HAVE to play further forward. I actually don't think AK is really an impact player coming off the bench and has come on both games and done little. I think he needs to start to help him find his rhythm, give the team some impetus and his teammates a lift. I would be incredibly disappointed if CH started with Murphy when we have AK and Izquierdo available.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
.....................Ryan..........................
Bruno.....Duffy.....Dunk.....Rosenior
......................Ince..........................
Knockaert...Groß..Pröpper...March
....................Murray........................

Subs: Mäenpää, Suttner, Murphy, Izquierdo, Hünemeier, Stephens, Hemed.

:eek::wozza:

That midfield has about as much bite as a 500yo turtle with lockjaw.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Gross looks to me like he's playing as an advanced CM rather then a forward.

When Baldock plays that position he stretches defences and runs behind them, and we've been really missing his pace.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't think Gross and Propper will improve enough with the current personnel and tactics. Playing Gross as a number 10 with his attributes just invites pressure. March stood out for taking on two players in the right back position which is the problem with this formation and why he and the other winger HAVE to play further forward. I actually don't think AK is really an impact player coming off the bench and has come on both games and done little. I think he needs to start to help him find his rhythm, give the team some impetus and his teammates a lift. I would be incredibly disappointed if CH started with Murphy when we have AK and Izquierdo available.

What are your changes from my team then, just AK for Murphy?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
What are your changes from my team then, just AK for Murphy?
Rosenior for Suttner. Sidwell for Gross so we have three central midfielders of Stephens, Sidwell and Propper who can protect and break forward. Gross could play instead of Propper. The key is getting our wingers to be close to Murray. Not too dissimilar to yours just Sidwell, AK and Rosenior in.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rosenior for Suttner. Sidwell for Gross so we have three central midfielders of Stephens, Sidwell and Propper who can protect and break forward. Gross could play instead of Propper. The key is getting our wingers to be close to Murray. Not too dissimilar to yours just Sidwell, AK and Rosenior in.

I love Liam, but seeing him Tuesday night, he's not ready to start yet imho.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am hoping that the extra weeks training together will have benefited Stephen Propper and Gross in their respective roles and duties. Judging by The Barnet game I dont think Rosenior or Knockhaert are ready as starters. March has been one of our best but is getting pushed back too far so I would play Sidwell in front of the back four and hopefully allow Solly to get forward more.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
----------------- Ryan ----------------
Bruno --- Duffy-- Dunk ---Suttner
------- Stephens - Propper -------
Knockaert -- Gross-- Izquirerdo
--------------- Murray -----------------

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks