Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Investec Test Match - England v West Indies - Headingly

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Going to be quite an interesting day today I think. We need to build a big enough lead to defend but at the same time leave enough time to try and bowl them out but not enough time to let them get whatever total we set. Hoping for something like a 200+ lead.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
212 for 4

With the following batsman playing or to play

Dawid Malan
Ben Stokes
Jonny Bairstow(wk)
Moeen Ali
Chris Woakes
Stuart Broad
James Anderson

We have a 43 run lead

What do we need, I think another 160 gives us a chance if the pitch starts turning

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
After lunch for the new ball. Looks like the big boy Gabriel has been given extra rest. I'd have taken it earlier.
Interesting session coming up.

larus

At lunch England lead by 82 with 4 down.

Malan is grinding a score out, but with Bairstow, Ali and Woakes still to come, we could still post a decent target. I'd say a minimum of 250 and we'd need the other bowlers to support Anderson better in their second innings. Considering the first 2 days, we've done well to get back here.

Only concern is that we still look weak in top-order batting. Root/Cook won't keep scoring every match and if the other 3 in the top 5 can't get decent runs we're going to struggle in Aus.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only concern is that we still look weak in top-order batting. Root/Cook won't keep scoring every match and if the other 3 in the top 5 can't get decent runs we're going to struggle in Aus.

We'll be fine :thumbsup: Aussie card against Bangladesh

aussie.JPG

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
New ball taken post Lunch, this pair need to survive the next hour even if they don't score too much.

If they do England could well set a winning total. Goes without saying that I'm not optimistic about this of course.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
61 enormously helpful in the context of this test - but Malan never really looked comfortable at the crease.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
6 down now. The game is back on a knife edge now. Big partnership now between our two last genuine top order batsman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here