Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal away 1st October - ticket availability

L

litmanen

When talking about tickets, does anyone know the exact time tomorrow when the Crystal Palace-tickets are on sale for those who don't have a season ticket? At midnight? 8am?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
When talking about tickets, does anyone know the exact time tomorrow when the Crystal Palace-tickets are on sale for those who don't have a season ticket? At midnight? 8am?

Tickets go on sale online at 9am and by phone/in person at 2pm on the date specificied above.
All match dates are subject to change, and all tickets are subject to availability.
The on sale dates are subject to change and in the event of high expected demand additional loyalty point windows may be used.

Quoted from this document http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/OnSaleMatrix1718.pdf

Also on this document

Attachments

• CP.jpeg
    CP.jpeg
    722.5 KB · Views: 554

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In days gone by you could log into the ticketing site at 08:40 before the queue management system kicked in, almost guaranteeing yourself a ticket.

This queuing system now seems to be the default for any traffic - 08:20 it put me into it this morning. It's basically a lottery as to whether or not you secure tickets now when there's only limited numbers left like this morning.

I secured mine yesterday but had to buy an additional one today. Fortunately I have two phones (one for work). The iPhone placed me 986 in the queue and the Samsung almost straight in at 142.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That system needs major surgery. Yesterday 2 of us joined the Queue about a minute past nine. I was at position 520 or thereabouts-the other person at 1022. I got on after him but was ahead in the queue-that seems about right...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I secured mine yesterday but had to buy an additional one today. Fortunately I have two phones (one for work). The iPhone placed me 986 in the queue and the Samsung almost straight in at 142.
So the ticketing system is clever enough to piss off all the Apple twats, ensuring sensible (better) Android users get first dibs. Impressive stuff. LIKE.

L

litmanen

Tickets go on sale online at 9am and by phone/in person at 2pm on the date specificied above.
All match dates are subject to change, and all tickets are subject to availability.
The on sale dates are subject to change and in the event of high expected demand additional loyalty point windows may be used.

Thanks! Appreciate it.
Will be my second Brighton-game. The first one was the Championship-game Brighton-Blackburn in November 2014. It was OK, but i think the Premier League--game against Crystal Palace will be a bit more memorable.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I think I already know the answer to this but what are the chances of more tickets becoming available on Friday for us JCLs on 224 points?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
In days gone by you could log into the ticketing site at 08:40 before the queue management system kicked in, almost guaranteeing yourself a ticket.

This queuing system now seems to be the default for any traffic - 08:20 it put me into it this morning. It's basically a lottery as to whether or not you secure tickets now when there's only limited numbers left like this morning.

Time to get rid of the iPhone then!
;-)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think I already know the answer to this but what are the chances of more tickets becoming available on Friday for us JCLs on 224 points?

All or sold out away games have had a handful of tickets pop up, you need to keep an eye on twitter for when they are released, so you have a chance. I believe you can only buy in the bracket that sold out in so that was 235 plus, but I don't know this as a fact, only on what other people have quoted.

Attachments

• A T.jpeg
    A T.jpeg
    778.3 KB · Views: 413

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just so frustrating for those of us hoping to do as many away games as possible. Already missed out on Bournemouth away and now Arsenal. Assume its going to be a similar story for WHU/Chelsea/Palace away, with a massive rush for tickets, from those who only want to do the relatively close ones.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Just so frustrating for those of us hoping to do as many away games as possible. Already missed out on Bournemouth away and now Arsenal. Assume its going to be a similar story for WHU/Chelsea/Palace away, with a massive rush for tickets, from those who only want to do the relatively close ones.

Someone will be along in a minute to tell you to get a ticket to watch the stiffs in the cup and Swansea away to give yourself a puncher's chance.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Hopefully it will carry 5-10 points - you will have to wait for the info to appear on the ticket site - although just realised the league away game only carried 5 points

You've got another stab at Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup.

All is not lost.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Someone will be along in a minute to tell you to get a ticket to watch the stiffs in the cup and Swansea away to give yourself a puncher's chance.

Well judging from the tickets he's after, he wants relatively local games. The people who got tickets have the most loyalty points. I don't understand how the club could allocate them more fairly.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Genuine question and not being argumentative or trying to make a point - do you have a history of doing as many away games as possible in the lower divisions? And are you an STH? If so, you'd surely be in the top bracket.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Feel you mate. Just about got a ticket this time but actually the London clubs/Bournemouth/Saints etc aren't close for me, I'm based up in Manchester! 3am coach ride for me on Sunday morning to London :wozza:
Hopefully you'll get to go to United/Liverpool etc where people aren't so keen to travel too far.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
All or sold out away games have had a handful of tickets pop up, you need to keep an eye on twitter for when they are released, so you have a chance. I believe you can only buy in the bracket that sold out in so that was 235 plus, but I don't know this as a fact, only on what other people have quoted.

I tried to get a ticket for Watford for a freind when a few extra appeared while i was browsing the site, couldnt get them as he wasnt in the bracket that sold out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

A devil's advocate asks: have you attended "as many away games as possible" in seasons gone by, as your priority position for the games you mention should allow you to attend if so.

It's a difficult situation. The only thing I see that the club could do differently is keep back a number (say 10%) of tickets to be allocated to fans who aren't in the top priority groups, by ballot if required. However, if they did this other fans would be missing out on their own chance.

On balance I think the club have got it pretty much right, and those who go to the "unattractive" aways will soon make up any shortfall due to the varying points allocated, 15 v 5 generally.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Well judging from the tickets he's after, he wants relatively local games. The people who got tickets have the most loyalty points. I don't understand how the club could allocate them more fairly.

If you're on a limited budget, local aways might be all you can afford to get to.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If you're on a limited budget, local aways might be all you can afford to get to.

Absolutely.

But what on earth do the club do? They have allocated tickets as fairly as possible. Someone who wants to just go to a few local games will not be able to buy a ticket until those who do a far wider range of games have decided on whether they want to go or not.

As fair as it can be.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

A devil's advocate asks: have you attended "as many away games as possible" in seasons gone by, as your priority position for the games you mention should allow you to attend if so.

It's a difficult situation. The only thing I see that the club could do differently is keep back a number (say 10%) of tickets to be allocated to fans who aren't in the top priority groups, by ballot if required. However, if they did this other fans would be missing out on their own chance.

On balance I think the club have got it pretty much right, and those who go to the "unattractive" aways will soon make up any shortfall due to the varying points allocated, 15 v 5 generally.

I'm as disillusioned as anyone owing to lack of ticket availability, but in truth it seems the club has been as fair as possible when it comes to making tickets available. My main issue with the current system is that it becomes a bit of a closed shop, with some fans never in a position to gather enough points to compete for tickets.

So with that in mind, I do like your ballot idea. I was going to suggest something similar, where 10% are made available on general sale at the Amex on the day of the match, but your idea is a far superior one for several reasons.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm as disillusioned as anyone owing to lack of ticket availability, but in truth it seems the club has been as fair as possible when it comes to making tickets available. My main issue with the current system is that it becomes a bit of a closed shop, with some fans never in a position to gather enough points to compete for tickets.

So with that in mind, I do like your ballot idea. I was going to suggest something similar, where 10% are made available on general sale at the Amex on the day of the match, but your idea is a far superior one for several reasons.

I saw Watford doing something similar:

NO CHANCE OF GETTING AN AWAY TICKET? THINK AGAIN. WE WANT TO HELP...
CLEARLY, adding to an existing profile will be easier for those already in Groups A & B above, since they are the fans likely to have most access to away match tickets.
However the club is keen that all fans feel they have at least a chance of taking in an away game or two during the season.
So, influenced by some of the 'Supporters Say' survey research, the Hornets will reserve the right to keep back 10 per cent of an away ticket allocation (where practical) for sale to those who fall outside of the groups specifically listed above.
This includes initiatives such as tickets being made available, by way of example, to:
- a specific cross-section of season ticket holders (in Group C)
- Junior Hornets members and a parent / parents
- remote or exiled supporters who hold a valid Fan Card

More details >>> https://www.watfordfc.com/sites/default/files/2016-08/Away Match Buying Policy 2016-2017.pdf

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here