Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal away 1st October - ticket availability

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Is anybody able to advise please the likelihood of my getting an away ticket on 209 points? Arsenal home tickets for this match go on sale 25th August (4 days before away tickets go on sale) and I have a mate who can get me one, but I'd rather go in the away end.

Thanks

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bournemouth, with only 1100 or so tickets available, went down to the 2nd band which was 217+ Points... obviously it sold out very quickly that morning, but at least you had a chance.

Wait to see what the bands are- hopefully they will announce them early enough so you can make a sensible decision.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Bournemouth, with only 1100 or so tickets available, went down to the 2nd band which was 217+ Points... obviously it sold out very quickly that morning, but at least you had a chance.

Wait to see what the bands are- hopefully they will announce them early enough so you can make a sensible decision.

Will keep a look out, thanks.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
If that's 209 points BEFORE Leicester, Barnet and Watford, then you have a chance (i.e. More points still to add).

If it's 209 AFTER those 3 games then I would suggest you have little chance.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The 3 points earning games which will already have taken place before the Arsenal tickets go on sale are worth a combined total of 35 points, so I would expect the first tranche of Arsenal tickets might need 300+ points, with certainly another tranche before we get as low as 209. Hard lines.

Stumpy Tim

My thoughts this season was that it would be cheaper to buy the cheapest possible corporate tickets to the games I want to go to, rather than buy tickets for the points to the games I don't. This doesn't work at Arsenal - the cheapest possible corporate tickets are £450, and we're only a category C game. WTF. The same package at Villa last season was £102

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Really hope they go from 300ish down to 250 ish, not like the HUGE drop in the Bournemouth points (down to 217)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I will be looking to snaffle a ticket for the home end realistically I think.

Hopefully Arsenal fans will already be on Wenger's back and we won't be a big draw, so plenty of availability if you know an Arsenal STH.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My thoughts this season was that it would be cheaper to buy the cheapest possible corporate tickets to the games I want to go to, rather than buy tickets for the points to the games I don't. This doesn't work at Arsenal - the cheapest possible corporate tickets are £450, and we're only a category C game. WTF. The same package at Villa last season was £102
I reckon this could be a good plan for the noddy clubs like Palace and Bournemouth though. Nobody is going to pay £450 to entertain guests at an absolute toilet like one of theirs are they?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So being a lazy arse...how does this work? I am a STH and have been for eons, but not a bronze or whatever member.

How many points do I get for being a STH assuming I haven't been away for 2 years?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So being a lazy arse...how does this work? I am a STH and have been for eons, but not a bronze or whatever member.

How many points do I get for being a STH assuming I haven't been away for 2 years?

You can find out how many LP you have by logging in to your account on the ticket website - as you currently have a ST, the relevant number you're looking for is the STH points total, not the Member points total.

Details on how the points work here: http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/LoyaltyPoints.pdf

Bottom line: if you haven't been away for 2 years, the chances of you getting an Arsenal ticket are very low to zero in the normal windows. However, for every away game so far, small numbers have been released in the run up to the game (including the final week). If you're diligent, you may get one of these as the required points total by then is very low.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

You must have a client with a box ;)

I've got this option a few times this season, but it's usually so painful pretending to be interested in some corporate tits!

Stumpy Tim

You must have a client with a box ;)

I've got this option a few times this season, but it's usually so painful pretending to be interested in some corporate tits!

I used to have a client with a box. Not now unfortunately. I do have a good client with a box at Anfield... could be interesting on the last day of the season!

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
You can find out how many LP you have by logging in to your account on the ticket website - as you currently have a ST, the relevant number you're looking for is the STH points total, not the Member points total.

Details on how the points work here: http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/LoyaltyPoints.pdf

Bottom line: if you haven't been away for 2 years, the chances of you getting an Arsenal ticket are very low to zero in the normal windows. However, for every away game so far, small numbers have been released in the run up to the game (including the final week). If you're diligent, you may get one of these as the required points total by then is very low.

Not so. I tried to buy a friend a ticket for Watford this week. I managed to put it into my basket and allocate it to him from my friends and family list but could not purchase. Despite the on sale dates indicating they were available for all season ticket holders, because the available tickets ran out whilst the sales were in an earlier band, he did not qualify.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not so. I tried to buy a friend a ticket for Watford this week. I managed to put it into my basket and allocate it to him from my friends and family list but could not purchase. Despite the on sale dates indicating they were available for all season ticket holders, because the available tickets ran out whilst the sales were in an earlier band, he did not qualify.

Oh? I stand corrected then. To be clear: you're saying that in order to qualify for late, late returns, you have to have enough LP to have been able to purchase when the allocation first "sold out"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here