Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal away 1st October - ticket availability

Jan 30, 2008
The thing is people like me and DR have shown a lot of loyalty over many years, and it may or may not be a case where we have been to more away matches than some in the top tier. You refer to Tuesday nights, where's my points for Carlisle, Walsall, Swindon, Swansea, Plymouth, Sheffield United etc etc? all of them night matches. 150 of us at Sunderland didn't even get a wave off the players let alone 10 points.

I'm "not entitled" to an Arsenal ticket, and I'm not after one, I'm just making a point that loyalty to this club wasn't invented in 2012
THAT'S IT IN A NUTSHELL, LOYALTY THAT'S BEEN INVENTED absolute piss take me old mucker:thumbsup:
regards
DR

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Correct, I was in Cuba in the early 90s (I didn't get any points for that either) it was common term for the black market that was rife even for tourists back then. I've just stuck with the term.

Thanks for the explanation! Thought you meant you went through the ticket office bin bags looking for discarded tickets*.

*Not actually but the thought amused me briefly.

Jan 30, 2008
I'll be honest Das I'm not that bothered by the system, there's got to be one, and dinosaurs like you and I are gonna be left behind. I don't like the feeling of entitlement on here from some simply because they did a dozen away days last season
I know what you're saying but if people don't say anything it just carries on and the i'm alright jack scenario goes on, i'm like you despite what I've posted earlier on the subject but i'm sure there's plenty who don't use NSC who feel left in the lurch over this loyalty scheme.
regards
DR

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The thing is people like me and DR have shown a lot of loyalty over many years, and it may or may not be a case where we have been to more away matches than some in the top tier. You refer to Tuesday nights, where's my points for Carlisle, Walsall, Swindon, Swansea, Plymouth, Sheffield United etc etc? all of them night matches. 150 of us at Sunderland didn't even get a wave off the players let alone 10 points.

I'm "not entitled" to an Arsenal ticket, and I'm not after one, I'm just making a point that loyalty to this club wasn't invented in 2012

You have a point

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Sorry but those that go to most will have more points as each game goes by therefore when new tickets are released the threshold will rise, of course it will. And why should you be in the same group as those that have proven their commitment over many years?

Boo hoo..not fair.

Are you able to actually read what I put????

I never said it was unfair, neither did I say I should be in the same group as anyone I said the opposite that surely my recent loyalty of STH for 3 continuous years shouldn't put me in the same groups as JCL who jumped on our success last season.
Quite frankly I don't think my commitment to the club can be questioned & I apologise the commitment to feed my family was more important than buying season tickets when I wasn't working a few years ago, although (as I am sure were you) I was there during the fight for the goldstone, went to Gillingham(although not a season ticket holder) & was a season ticket holder at Withdean.

Your comment does confirm my point, if I am unable to buy tickets due to the threshold my loyalty points will never increase so how am I able to increase my points to be a Super committed fan ????

FWIW I did also say I wasn't sure how else it could be done any better .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are you able to actually read what I put????

I never said it was unfair, neither did I say I should be in the same group as anyone I said the opposite that surely my recent loyalty of STH for 3 continuous years shouldn't put me in the same groups as JCL who jumped on our success last season.
Quite frankly I don't think my commitment to the club can be questioned & I apologise the commitment to feed my family was more important than buying season tickets when I wasn't working a few years ago, although like you I am sure, I was there during the fight for the goldstone, went to Gillingham(although not a season ticket holder) & was a season ticket holder at Withdean.

Your comment does confirm my point, if I am unable to buy tickets due to the threshold my loyalty points will never increase so how am I able to increase my points to be a Super committed fan ????

FWIW I did also say I wasn't sure how else it could be done any better .

Don't worry next season there'll be plenty of away games with tickets available

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
But if you are a continuously supporting supporter from those days you'll be up there. Is it right a Gills or Withdean supporter could rock up to the AMEX for the first time this season and be ahead of current supporters?

I think the club have got this right.

They wouldn't be 'ahead' of any current STH, just on a par with. I sometimes think that people regard the season we moved to the Amex as 'year zero' (in the same way some people regard the birth of the Premier League as the start of top flight football). When you think we had crowds of 6k at Withdean and now we have 23k season ticket holders and a long waiting list, you start to think opposition fans who sing 'where were you when you were crap' have a point. The people who trekked to Gillingham or who sat in the open stand at Withdean in the pouring rain to see us getting beaten by Hartlepool deserve something. There must be loads of people who post on NSC who never bothered going to Withdean but are now the biggest Albion fans ever. New supporters are great for the club, of course, but you have to ask... where were you?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They wouldn't be 'ahead' of any current STH, just on a par with. I sometimes think that people regard the season we moved to the Amex as 'year zero' (in the same way some people regard the birth of the Premier League as the start of top flight football). When you think we had crowds of 6k at Withdean and now we have 23k season ticket holders and a long waiting list, you start to think opposition fans who sing 'where were you when you were crap' have a point. The people who trekked to Gillingham or who sat in the open stand at Withdean in the pouring rain to see us getting beaten by Hartlepool deserve something. There must be loads of people who post on NSC who never bothered going to Withdean but are now the biggest Albion fans ever. New supporters are great for the club, of course, but you have to ask... where were you?

Ahead or level, my point still stands. If you were a supporter during those years and continued through to now you'll be in a very good position. But no supporter can expect to use Gillingham or Withdean to suddenly rock up to the AMEX this year and trump current and loyal supporters.

There was a supporter on here posting about his past loyal support but hadn't been a ST for the past three years and somehow expected favourable treatment now. You can just pop past support on a shelf to use as and when you choose; it doesn't work like that.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

And it we have a bad patch it will be those 'biggest fans ever' that will be the ones to start moaning and staying at home on match days. Changing subject slightly but going to Watford made me realise just how poor transport links are to The Amex. Should we do badly it will be the 6k that went to Withdean who remain loyal plus a few more thousand but nowhere near enough to sustain the club. Others just won't be bothered especially if it means hanging around for trains etc.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I see some sort of protest is being organised by a group of Arsenal fans ..walking out after 27 minutes ..must be confident they'll have the game sewn up by then

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006

We didn't ever lose to Hartlepool at Withdean.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Correct, I was in Cuba in the early 90s (I didn't get any points for that either) it was common term for the black market that was rife even for tourists back then. I've just stuck with the term.

Bolsa is also used for 'market' (in the case of stock market for example) so nowt wrong with it [emoji106]

Struggling to think of a fairer way of allocating loyalty points, going to be someone feeling narked whatever system is used. Wonder if the differential between points awarded for 'glamour' ties and the rest should be increased even further......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here