Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 344142434445 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Superseagull69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you able to actually read what I put?

I never said it was unfair, neither did I say I should be in the same group as anyone I said the opposite that surely my recent loyalty of STH for 3 continuous years shouldn't put me in the same groups as JCL who jumped on our success last season.
    Quite frankly I don't think my commitment to the club can be questioned & I apologise the commitment to feed my family was more important than buying season tickets when I wasn't working a few years ago, although like you I am sure, I was there during the fight for the goldstone, went to Gillingham(although not a season ticket holder) & was a season ticket holder at Withdean.

Your comment does confirm my point, if I am unable to buy tickets due to the threshold my loyalty points will never increase so how am I able to increase my points to be a Super committed fan ?

FWIW I did also say I wasn't sure how else it could be done any better .
    Don't worry next season there'll be plenty of away games with tickets available
    “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      Don't worry next season there'll be plenty of away games with tickets available
      The way this transfer window has gone & reading some of the posters on here I might even get to a few away games this year
      Seagull till I Die

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      But if you are a continuously supporting supporter from those days you'll be up there. Is it right a Gills or Withdean supporter could rock up to the AMEX for the first time this season and be ahead of current supporters?

I think the club have got this right.
      They wouldn't be 'ahead' of any current STH, just on a par with. I sometimes think that people regard the season we moved to the Amex as 'year zero' (in the same way some people regard the birth of the Premier League as the start of top flight football). When you think we had crowds of 6k at Withdean and now we have 23k season ticket holders and a long waiting list, you start to think opposition fans who sing 'where were you when you were crap' have a point. The people who trekked to Gillingham or who sat in the open stand at Withdean in the pouring rain to see us getting beaten by Hartlepool deserve something. There must be loads of people who post on NSC who never bothered going to Withdean but are now the biggest Albion fans ever. New supporters are great for the club, of course, but you have to ask... where were you?
      Last edited by kevo; 31-08-2017 at 23:46.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      They wouldn't be 'ahead' of any current STH, just on a par with. I sometimes think that people regard the season we moved to the Amex as 'year zero' (in the same way some people regard the birth of the Premier League as the start of top flight football). When you think we had crowds of 6k at Withdean and now we have 23k season ticket holders and a long waiting list, you start to think opposition fans who sing 'where were you when you were crap' have a point. The people who trekked to Gillingham or who sat in the open stand at Withdean in the pouring rain to see us getting beaten by Hartlepool deserve something. There must be loads of people who post on NSC who never bothered going to Withdean but are now the biggest Albion fans ever. New supporters are great for the club, of course, but you have to ask... where were you?
      Ahead or level, my point still stands. If you were a supporter during those years and continued through to now you'll be in a very good position. But no supporter can expect to use Gillingham or Withdean to suddenly rock up to the AMEX this year and trump current and loyal supporters.

There was a supporter on here posting about his past loyal support but hadn't been a ST for the past three years and somehow expected favourable treatment now. You can just pop past support on a shelf to use as and when you choose; it doesn't work like that.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

1 Not allowed!
      And it we have a bad patch it will be those 'biggest fans ever' that will be the ones to start moaning and staying at home on match days. Changing subject slightly but going to Watford made me realise just how poor transport links are to The Amex. Should we do badly it will be the 6k that went to Withdean who remain loyal plus a few more thousand but nowhere near enough to sustain the club. Others just won't be bothered especially if it means hanging around for trains etc.
      "Unemployments rising in the Chigley end of town.
      And it's spreading like pneumonia.
      Doesn't look like going down"
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I see some sort of protest is being organised by a group of Arsenal fans ..walking out after 27 minutes ..must be confident they'll have the game sewn up by then

0 Not allowed!
      We didn't ever lose to Hartlepool at Withdean.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The-Libertine View Post
      We didn't ever lose to Hartlepool at Withdean.
      True, but we did draw 0-0 with them in an absolutely dire game!
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews View Post
      Correct, I was in Cuba in the early 90s (I didn't get any points for that either) it was common term for the black market that was rife even for tourists back then. I've just stuck with the term.
      Bolsa is also used for 'market' (in the case of stock market for example) so nowt wrong with it

Struggling to think of a fairer way of allocating loyalty points, going to be someone feeling narked whatever system is used. Wonder if the differential between points awarded for 'glamour' ties and the rest should be increased even further......
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      I see some sort of protest is being organised by a group of Arsenal fans ..walking out after 27 minutes ..must be confident they'll have the game sewn up by then
      Could work to our advantage.Lets hope so.