Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2633343536373839 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie the seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is that these tickets will also be taken by those who have 1st chance just for the points, so will not be available to those who may want to actually go..
    Got Arsenal ticket today (just) and went to both Leicester & Watford where on both occasions I was surrounded by empty seats next to me.
    Really? I was at Watford and no one was sitting and it was packed. Where were you?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Blooming Marvellous Horton's halftime iceberg's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-on-19-sep-17/

Bournemouth away in the league cup is 10 loyalty points
      Dawning of a new era

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Horton's halftime iceberg View Post
      https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-on-19-sep-17/

Bournemouth away in the league cup is 10 loyalty points
      Brings about a query in my mind, more points for the Cup than the League game? I am in the 'IAJ' tier but I do find this allocation very strange indeed.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Couldn't Be Hyypia View Post
      Really? I was at Watford and no one was sitting and it was packed. Where were you?
      Block VR1 towards the rear...
      Blooming Marvellous Horton's halftime iceberg's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      Brings about a query in my mind, more points for the Cup than the League game? I am in the 'IAJ' tier but I do find this allocation very strange indeed.
      Perhaps as loyalty for the few that will troop down to Boscombe twice in 5 days - I thought the 5 points was low for the trek to Dean Court.
      Dawning of a new era
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jamie the seagull View Post
      Block VR1 towards the rear...
      Don't forget, some people don't sit/stand in their allocated seat.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      I'd venture that you'd probably be pretty pissed off to have missed out to someone, say, going to their first ever away game who was in their first year as a season ticket holder.
      This will happen even under the current scheme, as even after being a season ticket holder for at least 3 years & gone to the occasional away game too, my daughter still falls into the same bracket as a JCL Glory hunter who has only jumped on the band wagon this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      I still maintain what I said on a previous thread about this becoming a closed shop though as the maths suggest that if you are not in the third tier by now it will become increasingly difficult for you to get out of that into the top two tiers.
      Definitely already a closed shop, as there is no chance of moving up a tier. Most away games, if not all, will sell out in the top two bands & as JCL's are in the same band as some loyal supporters who albeit have been STH for only 3-4 seasons.
      Was lucky enough to get Leicester tickets & Burton tickets but all the club seem to do in increase the thresholds of the bands keeping them still out of reach.
      Not sure how it could be improved but people being in the lower bands are not any LESS loyal or any less a fan just because they not in the superfan top bands....
      Seagull till I Die
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      Makes perfect sense. There will be more points given to those games that more people do not want to attend. For another example, I would imagine there will be more points for Swansea than Manchester Utd.

0 Not allowed!
      I saw seven away games last year but only three with tickets bought through the club. Others were POTG, given a ticket at Brentford, guest of home team fan etc.

If you're canny and tenacious, you can get tickets to a lot of away games. As people have said, the marquee games will be harder, but it is possible.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ATFC Seagull View Post
      Genuine question and not being argumentative or trying to make a point - do you have a history of doing as many away games as possible in the lower divisions? And are you an STH? If so, you'd surely be in the top bracket.
      Answer.
      I am a STH and last season I did 13 away games and every home game. ( Gosfield base camp 80 miles from the Amex ) I have over 290 points and could have got a ticket on Tuesday. I don't travel home or away alone and my travelling companions all have 240+ points but not enough for Tuesday purchase. We thought we would be ok and logged on at 8.15am this morning. Sadly to no avail.
      The comment was out of frustration as Arsenal was in my top 3 of intended away games. My son and I had hoped to do all 19 away but clearly underestimated demand. Hey ho, we will have to lower our expectation level.