Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal away 1st October - ticket availability

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My theory of offering more points for what could be considered a 'less attractive' match is borne out of the fact we got a whopping 15 points for the home cup game against Barnet ! I think the attendance for that game could have been much lower without the points incentive.

Barnet would have been 20 last year. As would Bournemouth (PL) have been 10 and not 5.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
The argument that going to the less attractive games will get you into a higher tier ignores the fact that missing out on the popular games means you are unlikely to catch up on any one in a higher tier unless they do not travel anymore

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My theory of offering more points for what could be considered a 'less attractive' match is borne out of the fact we got a whopping 15 points for the home cup game against Barnet ! I think the attendance for that game could have been much lower without the points incentive.

And let's not forget that, mysteriously, the club made two crowd announcements. Anyone think the difference is the loyalty point harvesting no-shows?

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 22.38.11.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 22.37.58.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The problem is that these tickets will also be taken by those who have 1st chance just for the points, so will not be available to those who may want to actually go..
Got Arsenal ticket today (just) and went to both Leicester & Watford where on both occasions I was surrounded by empty seats next to me.

Did you see how many were standing in aisles?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
TBH I was surprised I got Leicester tickets but after experiencing the shite stewards, getting into the stadium 5 mins late despite arriving about 30mins before kickoff & the 1.5hrs to get back onto the Motorway, I assume those who had been there before knew to avoid it. :lolol:

As for Burton they were released for general sale so not really relevant to the loyalty argument, I just mentioned it before someone kindly pointed out I could of gone to it.

My point still stands that the threshold to the bands seems to increase as people get more points thus making it impossible for those in lower bands to move up the ladder. Therefore making it a closed shop.

I also said I don't know how it could be improved but it will be interesting to see how many away games we have the opportunity to see.....

Sorry but those that go to most will have more points as each game goes by therefore when new tickets are released the threshold will rise, of course it will. And why should you be in the same group as those that have proven their commitment over many years?

Boo hoo..not fair.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Did you see how many were standing in aisles?

Exactly this. Plus at Leicester at least there were several rows (including the one I was in) which had a lot more people standing in them than there were seats. I didn't get the impression that there were many "no shows" at either Leicester or Watford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I actually think more loyalty bonuses should be made to long-term supporters. Anyone who was a season-ticket holder at Gillingham or an STH for ALL the seasons at Withdean should be given same status as current STH. It would probably make very little difference to total numbers but would be a nice gesture to fans who supported the club through leaner times.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've been doing aways since 86 never had a ST, this season all the glory boys have jumped on the band wagon so probably won't get to any.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I actually think more loyalty bonuses should be made to long-term supporters. Anyone who was a season-ticket holder at Gillingham or an STH for ALL the seasons at Withdean should be given same status as current STH. It would probably make very little difference to total numbers but would be a nice gesture to fans who supported the club through leaner times.

But if you are a continuously supporting supporter from those days you'll be up there. Is it right a Gills or Withdean supporter could rock up to the AMEX for the first time this season and be ahead of current supporters?

I think the club have got this right.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

But where do you stop, why is a Withdean STH more loyal than a Goldstone STH, what about those who went to the Charity Shield, beside do you seriously think the club have records of STH's going back 20 years

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think the loyalty scheme is about as good as it can be for rewarding those who have made the effort over the last few years.

I just hadn't realised how much of a bad fan I'd been! It seems incredible to me just how many are ahead of me by quite a big margin on points.

I'd always assumed a thousand or so may go to most games and then maybe there's many more like me who manage a handful of aways each season. It's not like we've been filling 3000 capacity away ends on a regular basis, is it?

I did expect to struggle to get some tickets for games I want to go to this season, but hadn't grasped the full enormity of the task. A bit of a re-think on strategy is required!

It's also showing that the bronze membership is only going to work for home tickets. I still don't see why it is needed when the purchase history provides your points and is there whether you have the membership or not. This one I do think the club have got wrong, as it's just an excuse to fleece more money off non season ticket holders.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I've been doing aways since 86 never had a ST, this season all the glory boys have jumped on the band wagon so probably won't get to any.

The whole point is that they haven't though - the tickets have gone to people who've got a history of season tickets AND travelling quite regularly away.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I went to many games at Gillingham but never felt the need for a season ticket, I can't be the only one.

But where do you stop, why is a Withdean STH more loyal than a Goldstone STH, what about those who went to the Charity Shield, beside do you seriously think the club have records of STH's going back 20 years

Indeed, I'd like a few points for getting so pissed up at Carrow Rd after getting beat 5-0 in the Simod cup that I wore a pair of Norwich City knickers on my head all the way home, but it ain't gonna happen

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The whole point is that they haven't though - the tickets have gone to people who've got a history of season tickets AND travelling quite regularly away.

Absolutely. 6 season tickets and a handful of aways each season has left me in the third tier, so a lot of people have been travelling regularly. No complaints from me that they get tickets. Regret maybe...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I went to many games at Gillingham but never felt the need for a season ticket, I can't be the only one.

But equally lots of people went to every game at Gillingham, then got a season ticket at Withdean and then at the AMEX and went to lots of away games. They deserve to be higher in the loyalty list than you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here