Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal away 1st October - ticket availability

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well judging from the tickets he's after, he wants relatively local games. The people who got tickets have the most loyalty points. I don't understand how the club could allocate them more fairly.

Watford and Leicester done already. Would have done B'muff and Gooners. Hoping to do WHU, Swansea and United.
I agree its a pretty fair system. I am just frustrated on a personal level.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if the arse continue the way they are going now, when we play them, the place will be empty and we can sit where we want.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
A devil's advocate asks: have you attended "as many away games as possible" in seasons gone by, as your priority position for the games you mention should allow you to attend if so.

It's a difficult situation. The only thing I see that the club could do differently is keep back a number (say 10%) of tickets to be allocated to fans who aren't in the top priority groups, by ballot if required. However, if they did this other fans would be missing out on their own chance.

On balance I think the club have got it pretty much right, and those who go to the "unattractive" aways will soon make up any shortfall due to the varying points allocated, 15 v 5 generally.

See my previous post.
My away support varies from 6-8 games a season to a peak of 13-14 depending on work, health and other issues. I am frustrated cos I had plenty of points to purchase on Tuesday but held off so my travelling companions ( family and friends ) could purchase on Wednesday. They all had 235 + points but were all below 261 +. I accept that this is the risk you take and we have missed out.
I should have studied PL rules re ticket allocations a while back and not assumed that plenty would be available at the larger grounds. Its a bit galling when we are giving 3000 at the Amex and yet a 60,000 capacity is giving the same. A 3000 allocation at all the London grounds is going to make it very difficult to get tickets unless you are in the highest points bracket.
p.s Travelling alone is not an option for me.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
So it's not a closed shop then?

TBH I was surprised I got Leicester tickets but after experiencing the shite stewards, getting into the stadium 5 mins late despite arriving about 30mins before kickoff & the 1.5hrs to get back onto the Motorway, I assume those who had been there before knew to avoid it. :lolol:

As for Burton they were released for general sale so not really relevant to the loyalty argument, I just mentioned it before someone kindly pointed out I could of gone to it.

My point still stands that the threshold to the bands seems to increase as people get more points thus making it impossible for those in lower bands to move up the ladder. Therefore making it a closed shop.

I also said I don't know how it could be improved but it will be interesting to see how many away games we have the opportunity to see.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
See my previous post.
My away support varies from 6-8 games a season to a peak of 13-14 depending on work, health and other issues. I am frustrated cos I had plenty of points to purchase on Tuesday but held off so my travelling companions ( family and friends ) could purchase on Wednesday. They all had 235 + points but were all below 261 +. I accept that this is the risk you take and we have missed out.
I should have studied PL rules re ticket allocations a while back and not assumed that plenty would be available at the larger grounds. Its a bit galling when we are giving 3000 at the Amex and yet a 60,000 capacity is giving the same. A 3000 allocation at all the London grounds is going to make it very difficult to get tickets unless you are in the highest points bracket.
p.s Travelling alone is not an option for me.

Fair enough. And a flaw with the "10% ballot" suggestion is that a fair few people won't want a single ticket, they'll almost certainly want at least 2.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My point still stands that the threshold to the bands seems to increase as people get more points thus making it impossible for those in lower bands to move up the ladder. Therefore making it a closed shop.

Around 75-80% of Arsenal tickets went to the highest tier so it's not a completely closed shop.

The second tier should be achievable to any long standing season ticket holder and then, if "less attractive" games are travelled to, the upper tier should also be possible before long as those 15 point games will be a significant boost.

Those who only have an interest in glamour games (I'm not saying you are) should be low down the pecking order.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Around 75-80% of Arsenal tickets went to the highest tier so it's not a completely closed shop.

The second tier should be achievable to any long standing season ticket holder and then, if "less attractive" games are travelled to, the upper tier should also be possible before long as those 15 point games will be a significant boost.

Those who only have an interest in glamour games (I'm not saying you are) should be low down the pecking order.

I agree those only looking for the glamour games should be low down, I assure you I am not one, was hoping to go to both Watford & Bmuff, although I knew bluff would be no chance due to their capacity. The problem I have is being in the same band as those who only jumped on our success recently, not that it's likely to ever get there.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

I've obviously missed something which games coming up are 15 point games?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Perhaps as loyalty for the few that will troop down to Boscombe twice in 5 days - I thought the 5 points was low for the trek to Dean Court.

But it's not about the distance etc it's the relative likelihood of it being oversubscribed/attractiveness and is actually the fairest way to do it; you don't over reward those who are lucky enough to get the most attractive/sought after tickets.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Brings about a query in my mind, more points for the Cup than the League game? I am in the 'IAJ' tier but I do find this allocation very strange indeed.

The cup game is 'on paper' a less attractive game to want to go to if you consider that both teams will play a lot, if not mainly, squad / development players - so makes sense to increase the reward for those that attend.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The cup game is 'on paper' a less attractive game to want to go to if you consider that both teams will play a lot, if not mainly, squad / development players - so makes sense to increase the reward for those that attend.

So the support quantity is irrelevant, just rewarding those who make the effort?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
So the support quantity is irrelevant, just rewarding those who make the effort?

Not at all, my thinking is that if the loyalty reward is greater for what could be considered a less attractive game due to 'weakened teams', then that helps to increase the quantity of supporters attending if it provides a bigger boost to their points total. But this is just my theory to explain the difference from the league game.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not at all, my thinking is that if the loyalty reward is greater for what could be considered a less attractive game due to 'weakened teams', then that helps to increase the quantity of supporters attending if it provides a bigger boost to their points total. But this is just my theory to explain the difference from the league game.

Travelling away to Bournemouth for an evening match...points should be the same imho. Otherwise cynics might (wrongly) see a strategy in place.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Travelling away to Bournemouth for an evening match...points should be the same imho. Otherwise cynics might (wrongly) see a strategy in place.

My theory of offering more points for what could be considered a 'less attractive' match is borne out of the fact we got a whopping 15 points for the home cup game against Barnet ! I think the attendance for that game could have been much lower without the points incentive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here