Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Cryptocurrencies

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone here have any experience? I'm looking for the 'idiots guide' ... thinking about Ripple but for no real good reason

Any "simple" link or PM appreciated

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I would seriously consider Ethereum. A lot of people are saying that it will get bigger than Bitcoin and it's on the rise steadily right now at around 240GBP each compared to Bitcoin at 3200GBP. Ethereum is what a lot of banks/ companies are starting to use for cryptographic protection.
      https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/23/bigg...s-in-size.html
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      You might be interested in this http://bitbrighton.org

0 Not allowed!
      I purchased my first bitcoin. Well, 0.033 of a bitcoin yesterday.

There's an article on Ethereum in this month's BA Business Life magazine. Fascinating.

I pretend to understand how these things work, but just as I get the concept, like soap on a rope it slips out of grasp.

They say you shouldn't invest in things you don't fully understand, and whilst I get the concept of blockchain, I don't fully understand. But then again, who understands the concept of what sits behind "I promise to pay the bearer on demand." It's all trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Either that wallpaper goes or I do

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by helipilot View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I would seriously consider Ethereum. A lot of people are saying that it will get bigger than Bitcoin and it's on the rise steadily right now at around 240GBP each compared to Bitcoin at 3200GBP. Ethereum is what a lot of banks/ companies are starting to use for cryptographic protection.
      https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/23/bigg...s-in-size.html
      Ethereum is one of the obvious ones. Ripple only because that's where the interest was kindled a few weeks ago, but it too is on the radar

Quote Originally Posted by matey View Post
      You might be interested in this http://bitbrighton.org
      Bugger that would have been perfect but I'm away. No doubt they run others so will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post

There's an article on Ethereum in this month's BA Business Life magazine. Fascinating.

I pretend to understand how these things work, but just as I get the concept, like soap on a rope it slips out of grasp.

They say you shouldn't invest in things you don't fully understand, and whilst I get the concept of blockchain, I don't fully understand. But then again, who understands the concept of what sits behind "I promise to pay the bearer on demand." It's all trust.

Well done on taking the plunge. You're way further along than me but like you I think I get it then a whole bunch of other questions come to mind. I also thought about the worry of speculating on things not understood but tbh most of what I have tied up (funds) I don't understand! I'm still at googling stage but hoping to progress beyond that fairly quickly
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by helipilot View Post
      I would seriously consider Ethereum. A lot of people are saying that it will get bigger than Bitcoin ...
      yeah, alot of people with investment in Ethereum who missed the easy years of Bitcoin

the thing about the uses they talk about for blockchain technology, is that they dont need to have value to function. really its a distraction from those purposes, though at this stage people are using it to create value for its own sake, and people are lapping it up.

theres the core problem with Bitcoin and friends. it was intended to be a currency but here we are talking about it as an investment. the two are mutually opposing, its no good you spending your bitcoin/ethereum/litecoin/zcash/dogecoin etc (theres literally dozens) if they appreciate in value so much each day. you hold for tomorrow instead. im holding out for bitcoin to hit high enough i can cash out and buy a porsche.
      Last edited by beorhthelm; 23-08-2017 at 21:32.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Deplorable

0 Not allowed!

Agreed
      It is fiat money, its not how much you trust and believe in it but how much you believe others will believe in it.

I thought of investing in rare pepes as they are valued in Bitcoins but will wait to the end of the year(although I would be effectively collecting art.).

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      I thought of investing in rare pepes as they are valued in Bitcoins but will wait to the end of the year(although I would be effectively collecting art.).
      Of course, hahahaha

0 Not allowed!

Took the plunge and as planned went for Ripple. Who knows, there's quite a lot of hype around many of these things and it's pure speculation.

I'm bothered by the wallet, less choice for me and it appears leaving on the exchange (I used Bitstamp) is risky. It looks like Ledger Nano rates highly but it's ease of use is rated moderate which might challenge me!!

May I ask how you went about assessing wallets and where did you end up (and for anyone else with any knowledge too)?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat View Post
      May I ask how you went about assessing wallets and where did you end up (and for anyone else with any knowledge too)?
      Answered my own question now Went for Ledger Nano S and paid a small premium as there's a bit of a backlog. Will drop a note back on experience if interested