Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Maenpaa

  1. #1

    Maenpaa


    1 Not allowed!
    I have been impressed every time I have seen him play, albeit not that often only cup games. Yesterday he Looked commanding and made a fantastic save, he must be thinking what have I got to do to get a starting place!

    Still very early to judge Ryan, but I wouldn't mind Nikki starting for us in the prem....Thoughts?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      5 millionth post poster Gazwag's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      Bexhill-on-Sea
      Posts
      24,414


      4 Not allowed!
      I'm surprised we haven't had a thread discussing our goalkeepers before now
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter
    • #3

      0 Not allowed!
      He is tall, comes for crosses and has done well when given a chance.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....
    • #4
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      790


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He is tall, comes for crosses and has done well when given a chance.
      He is tall you say? Must be good then!! (actually I really like him).
    • #5
      August &Everything After whitelion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      Southwick
      Posts
      10,545

      Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Gator Goose Collison? Is that some American cousin of mine I don't know about?
    • #6
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      Four Counties Ring
      Posts
      4,500


      0 Not allowed!
      I'm mostly wondering why this observation of yours couldn't have gone in one of the other threads on the very same subject.
    • #7
      Members trueblue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      7,040


      2 Not allowed!
      He did ok yesterday apart from one wayward kick straight to a Barnet player that put us in trouble. If that had been in the Premier League, chances are we'd have conceded - and the knives would be out as they are for Ryan.
    • #8
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      33,509


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He is tall, comes for crosses and has done well when given a chance.
      But, but he conceded three goals to a non league side.

      This debate has been held many times, including last August when Stockdale was injured and Nikki kept a clean sheet, in a Championship game.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
    • #9
      The great escape British Bulldog's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Posts
      10,023


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But, but he conceded three goals to a non league side.

      This debate has been held many times, including last August when Stockdale was injured and Nikki kept a clean sheet, in a Championship game.
      Was'nt that Casper? I thought Maenpaa got sent off for the penalty leading the their first goal?
      She's got her knickers in a twist again
    • #10
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      1,325


      2 Not allowed!
      The point is that playing Barnet in a game where we are on top is totally different to playing in goal for a side under the cosh for most of the 90 minutes against a side with some of the best players in the world. If he were to play I wonder if the next thread would be is our no 2 good enough to be no 2 !!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •