Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small things that irritate you.....

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
'Designer' clothing/shoes/hand bags etc - surely everything is designed, even George at Asda...

People wearing 'Baby on board' badges when they appear to have conceived the night before - and the mis-use of said badges (which I'm guessing were intended for women that were carrying the extra baby weight).

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
People using 'less' when they mean 'fewer', and vice versa.

The_NitramJohn

Feb 18, 2012
Drivers who indicate they are going right on a roundabout, but then go straight on!

Idiots who sit religiously, in the Right Hand lane of a dual carriageway, when the left lane is completely empty (totally ignoring Highway Code rule 264!)

Drivers who find even navigating a supermarket car park, a little beyond their mental & driving capabilities!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I can't 'walk-in' to my bath where the shower is. I have to step over the edge.

Deep-fried.
Stir-fried.

It is more the sensibility that grates, it is pretentious, and I am not sure that specifying how something is fried adds value (I trust a chef to know how different foodstuffs should be fried). On a similar note, there is a restaurant in Oxford that proclaims proudly that its pizzas are stone-baked, as if that makes a significant difference to the taste.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
people caring about less/fewer. it means the same thing, there's really no reason to care about this. its not even observed consistently, how would you describe the "<" symbol?

grammar absolutism in general, as if language has remained the same and will do so forever.

Brightongull

Aug 15, 2017
People (usually men, sorry) who wear their sunglasses round the back of their neck when not on their faces.

People who wear sunglasses at night (You may be, but probably are NOT Stevie Wonder........stop it now!)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The brazen thickyness of the idiots that send spam email. I like to occasionally look down the latest list of 30 spam emails and chortle at how gullible they must think people are to believe it's genuine. Although I guess it only takes one or two to fall for it to make it worthwhile for them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Or people that give you your change, and a receipt, on a teeny tiny little tray, when all you have bought is a pint.

Or people that give you your change with the note on the bottom, then the receipt and then the coins on top.

Petunia

Living the dream
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I was always under the impression that A was used if the following word begins with a consonant and An was used if a Vowel.

So today I have learnt something, thank you.

It's an before a silent h. For example an hour, an honour or even an honest mistake. As the h is pronounced in hotel, it's a hotel.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Or people that give you your change with the note on the bottom, then the receipt and then the coins on top.

Treasure these moments. Give it 50 years and coins/notes will be consigned to history, and we'll all be paying for everything using Bit Coin, via eye scanners.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
The overemphasized ( or overemphasised) use of the word "awesome"

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The overemphasized ( or overemphasised) use of the word "awesome"

Or the overemphasised greeting to something:

Girl 1 - 'OMG!!!!!'
Girl 2 - 'Have you just won the Euro Lottery?'
Girl 1 - 'No, Girl 3 has her knickers on back to front'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The fact that I've never ONCE inserted a USB connector the correct way up first time. 50/50 chance, and I get it wrong 100%.

People who rev to about 9,000rpm before changing to 2nd (usually van drivers).

"Mini" roundabouts. Pointless. All of them.

Plastic food packaging that opens in such a way as to make it necessary to re-package it in something else, in order to keep it fresh. Yes, I'm looking at YOU, bacon.

Mouth-breathers.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Or the overemphasised greeting to something:

Girl 1 - 'OMG!!!!!'
Girl 2 - 'Have you just won the Euro Lottery?'
Girl 1 - 'No, Girl 3 has her knickers on back to front'

Add in the the use of the word "like" in every sentence.:rant:

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Anyone who slags off the UK whilst living here does my nut in.

If you don't like it F*CK off and leave then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here