Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small things that irritate you.....

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Oh, I thought my post might annoy you and then you wouldn't be irritated, failed.

I'm now irritated that I'm not irritated. I was beginning to settle into a smooth disgruntlement.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Double negatives .

People who litter.

Commercial radio stations and most of the DJs on them.

Poorly parked cars - taking up too much space.

Having to change my password at work every 2 weeks- what's the point.

People who don't like certain foods without even trying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sharpening a pencil only for the front bit of lead to fall out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Baby on board" tags in car rear windows.

I honestly couldn't give a toss if your screeching, puce-faced shitfactory is currently stinking up the place in the back of your motor. It won't make a BLIND bit of difference to me or how I am driving.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The inexplicable disappearance of the words "sitting" and "standing".

"I'm sat on a chair."

No you're not. You're SITTING on a chair.

"I'm stood here in the crowd."

Nope. Standing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shame on you!

Hah. I remember that episode!

Seriously though, some parents seem to exist under the belief that just because THEIR entire world continually orbits around the precious squirming spawn of their loins on the back seat, they automatically think everyone elses should too.

Sorry, but if you're passive-aggressively asking me to back off from your car a little further because Skycloud-Triximuff is strapped in the back, it ain't gonna happen. I'll drive EXACTLY the same as I would if you had a sign saying "Asbestos on board" or "Highly enriched uranium in boot" - that is to say, probably far enough away that I won't plough into the back of you, assuming you don't suddenly perform a handbrake turn. You simpering clot.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
"Baby on board" tags in car rear windows.

I honestly couldn't give a toss if your screeching, puce-faced shitfactory is currently stinking up the place in the back of your motor. It won't make a BLIND bit of difference to me or how I am driving.

I know what you mean, but I think they were originally intended as an indication to the Emergency Services in case of an accident, which has meant more than once that Fire crews have searched surrounding ditches and fields for a little one being thrown from an accident when there wasn't one in the car at the time, so no child in car = take the notice out.

But I really dislike the "Little Princess on board" ones. ...... I felt sure there was a vomit emoji!

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
Double negatives .

People who litter.

Commercial radio stations and most of the DJs on them.

Poorly parked cars - taking up too much space.

Having to change my password at work every 2 weeks- what's the point.

People who don't like certain foods without even trying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of these are things I have moaned about recently.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know what you mean, but I think they were originally intended as an indication to the Emergency Services in case of an accident, which has meant more than once that Fire crews have searched surrounding ditches and fields for a little one being thrown from an accident when there wasn't one in the car at the time, so no child in car = take the notice out.

But I really dislike the "Little Princess on board" ones. ...... I felt sure there was a vomit emoji!

I think that's a bit of a myth tbh. The emergency services do such a thorough job when they arrive at the scene of an accident. I'm quite sure the presence or absence of one of those ubiquitous tags doesn't make a blind bit of difference to all the well established procedures and protocols they follow at every accident scene.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

:sick:

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Real-time update. People whose first reaction to any tinge of disappointment is to complain and seek compensation.......

Just got back from a day trip whilst on holiday. Trip culminated in a walk round a brewery, but we couldn't see the storage room/kettles (renovation going on) and the bottling line wasn't working due to a big staff meeting going on. The 'tasting' was very well done, and included a load of snacks too. Most of us had a bit of a laugh about it. Rest of the trip was great.

Coach gets back to base, our guide get a good round of applause but then Mr Indignant promptly stands up and bellows 'Can I suggest everyone puts in a formal complaint about the brewery tour this afternoon, that way we may all receive some compensation'.

Oh just **** OFF !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here