Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small things that irritate you.....

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cafes where you have to pay when you order, before eating (that's fine in itself) where they have the cheek to have a tip jar on the counter. I haven't had any service yet, you assuming monkeys!
I visit a really nice cafe near me at least weekly, the service is generally brilliant. But I refuse to tip them on this principal. I've said to the lovely chap who usually serves me "you do such a god job, if you just took that jar off the counter I'd tip every time"
Breakfast is £9.50, obviously you'd just say keep the change but not with that jar there! I assume others feel similar as there's rarely more than a few coppers in there.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Families coming home from London on the commuter trains, usually after watching a theatre matinee or some other day out. If other commuters are like me, we'd be happy to sit on a train for an hour in relative silence, resting after a busy day. The last thing I need is Mr & Mrs and hyped up sprogs talking loudly about the play, bouncing around and basically acting like they're on their sofas at home. Last night was the pinnacle of this - some people have no awareness of their surroundings outside of their group.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Families coming home from London on the commuter trains, usually after watching a theatre matinee or some other day out. If other commuters are like me, we'd be happy to sit on a train for an hour in relative silence, resting after a busy day. The last thing I need is Mr & Mrs and hyped up sprogs talking loudly about the play, bouncing around and basically acting like they're on their sofas at home. Last night was the pinnacle of this - some people have no awareness of their surroundings outside of their group.
Ugh, this.
Families on rush hour trains who take over two or three table booths and adjoining seats who then get annoyed when you ask them to remove numerous spider man back packs, iPads, packets of raisins and half chewed rice cakes, toy cars, children's mucky feet, coats, bags of shopping, souvenirs and discarded share bags of crisps from the three otherwise empty seats.
Although I do actually get some safisfaction when you ask them and they kind of look at you as if to say "really? Move all this just so you can sit down"? Yep. And I like standing there watching them huff n puff and make a big deal out of it.

You're in Clamp country now bitches, there are rules.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Women football commentators who get over excited when there's been a goal. It sounds like a cat being tortured to death. Most, I add, are very knowledgeable and as good as men with the stats and timing of when to talk but I have to turn down the volume if there's been a goal between Stoke City and Bournemouth with Eli Barbour or any other female commentary.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Boxes that have a tear off cardboard strip to open. They NEVER tear off in one go so you end up scrabbling with your nails trying to find a teeny tiny piece to pull to complete the process.

Bottles with child-proof tops. Usually have to find a child to open it for me!

Obese lumps drinking Diet Coke.....

Telling your kid how nice it would be if your mobile phone did X (having had it for years) and they grab it and perform X in 2 seconds flat.

People in the Amex food queues with kids who wait till they get to the front of the queue before asking them what they want (should be a special queue for kids!).

Otherwise I'm pretty calm really......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ugh, this.
Families on rush hour trains who take over two or three table booths and adjoining seats who then get annoyed when you ask them to remove numerous spider man back packs, iPads, packets of raisins and half chewed rice cakes, toy cars, children's mucky feet, coats, bags of shopping, souvenirs and discarded share bags of crisps from the three otherwise empty seats.
Although I do actually get some safisfaction when you ask them and they kind of look at you as if to say "really? Move all this just so you can sit down"? Yep. And I like standing there watching them huff n puff and make a big deal out of it.

You're in Clamp country now bitches, there are rules.
Absolutely. AND I want to sit IN SILENCE while I do things like post and read crap on NSC to pass away the journey home so please sit still and shut up......and stop spraying me with crisp crumbs.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Commuters in rush hour that think trains belong to them!!

No, families are perfectly entitled to travel too, they have a ticket, they can travel. All I want is a bit of peace, I don't want to hear any songs from Matilda, or (as I had last night), a family actively encouraging their children to fart....(one of which I copped full on)...

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Small minded doom and gloom merchants on here .

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
No, families are perfectly entitled to travel too, they have a ticket, they can travel. All I want is a bit of peace, I don't want to hear any songs from Matilda, or (as I had last night), a family actively encouraging their children to fart....(one of which I copped full on)...

The arm pit farting one is a much better game, try it...your journey will fly by!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
People purporting to support two premiership sides.

Absolute wankers they are!

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
People that assume the only workplace is an office, working Monday to Friday 9-5 with dress down days. Even worse those that think "working from home" is possible for everyone.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Having to queue behind some hideous council estater as they buy a bewildering assortment of scratch cards and lottery tickets. Especially when this is combined with them handing over a clutch of plastic key fobs and saying "20 on gas, tenner on ' lectric".
Made even more infuriating when you factor in its very likely our taxes funding this blob's gambling habit.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
I'm currently in a most irritable mood. I have already apologised to a work colleague who I felt I was a bit sharp to.

The small thing that is irritating me is irritating because I don't actually know what it is.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here