Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small things that irritate you.....

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The same at pedestrian crossings. You're standing there next to a quite clearly lit button, yet someone will come up and press it again as if it's going to make the lights change more quickly.

Same with lifts.........

...and whilst I'm on that particular topic, people who stick their hand through a door that's closing, or put their hand through the door to hold the lift whilst they finish their conversation with someone outside the lift.

...and people who impatiently repeatedly press their chosen floor button

...and people who try to get into the lift when people are trying to get out

Yes, the lifts in my office are a right pain in the arse, made worse by bellcheeses.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Motorists who wait at pedestrian crossings when all the people have crossed, just because the light's still red. Think of all the seconds we could save ourselves by not waiting, and I don't even use a car. By the end of every road tax year it would probably work out at something like 434 seconds per motorist that could be saved for other things like hand shandys, going to Halfords, shaving between your eyebrows.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Same with lifts.........

...and whilst I'm on that particular topic, people who stick their hand through a door that's closing, or put their hand through the door to hold the lift whilst they finish their conversation with someone outside the lift.

...and people who impatiently repeatedly press their chosen floor button

...and people who try to get into the lift when people are trying to get out

Yes, the lifts in my office are a right pain in the arse, made worse by bellcheeses.

Oh yes, I experience all of these on a daily basis in my office building. They also have the most ridiculous set of lifts I've ever come across.

There's 4 lifts A, B, C, D
There's a button to call lifts A and B
There's a separate button to call lifts C and D (which are directly opposite)

A and B go to all floors, from bottom to top: P2, G, 2, P3, P4, 5, 6, 7
C goes to: G, 2, P3, P4, 5, 6, 7
D goes to: 2, P3, P4, 5, 6, 7

For some reason the displays in C/D show floors G and 2 as R1 and R2 (despite the buttons showing G and 2)

Who the f*** designs a system like that?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Motorists who wait at pedestrian crossings when all the people have crossed, just because the light's still red. Think of all the seconds we could save ourselves by not waiting, and I don't even use a car. By the end of every road tax year it would probably work out at something like 434 seconds per motorist that could be saved for other things like hand shandys, going to Halfords, shaving between your eyebrows.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: People who insist on driving at 70mph in the fast lane of a motorway, I mean FFS! Are you unable to see my MASSIVE BMW wedged up your arse?!? I'm flashing my lights, pulling left, swerving right... GET OUT OF MY F'ING WAY you sad ****.

I also reserve the right to undertake you if you persist in getting in my way.

God my car is soooooo big.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Going for a swim off Seaford beach this morning, sitting down to get me kit off..and putting my hand straight into a heap of moist dog shit someone had covered over with stones. Nice.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Going for a swim off Seaford beach this morning, sitting down to get me kit off..and putting my hand straight into a heap of moist dog shit someone had covered over with stones. Nice.

Errmmm that was me mate, and errrmm is was nay dog shite.

Apologies.

Ayee 'twas the old poo cairn.

At least you didn't put your hand or foot anywhere near the empty crisp packet a few feet away. MAN am I glad you dodged that one...

you did dodge it, right?

Last edited:

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh yes, I experience all of these on a daily basis in my office building. They also have the most ridiculous set of lifts I've ever come across.

There's 4 lifts A, B, C, D
There's a button to call lifts A and B
There's a separate button to call lifts C and D (which are directly opposite)

A and B go to all floors, from bottom to top: P2, G, 2, P3, P4, 5, 6, 7
C goes to: G, 2, P3, P4, 5, 6, 7
D goes to: 2, P3, P4, 5, 6, 7

For some reason the displays in C/D show floors G and 2 as R1 and R2 (despite the buttons showing G and 2)

Who the f*** designs a system like that?

Schindler. That's who.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
People that say "there's a Wimpy in Peacehaven"

image.png

FFS Wimpy :facepalm:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Football accumulators with one team letting me down. Tonight it was Ajax.

Texts from clowns in the middle of the night.

Scratching a haemorrhoid then having to shake hands with someone nice. :lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
when you open a new packet of drugs and you ALWAYS open the end where the warning leaflet wraps over the sheets of pills.

aaaaaaagh!!!

( I have to take a lot too)

Agree with you on this one. Have to take so many pills for bipolar disorder before going to bed. I like to cut the strips so that I know which packs I got from my pharmacy most recently.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've seen something tonight that bugs me: residents objecting to a cricket team's new nets because of the noise the players make - a club that's been going for 150 years.

I'm pissed off by people moving to a village and complaining about the church bells or moving next to a music venue and complaining about the noise. Don't like, don't move

The Optimist

Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Here's something that annoys me and I'm not even sure my opinion is correct. When someone says:"You've got X choices" where X >1. I reckon there's no such thing as more than one choice. You either have a choice, with however many options, or you don't. Example: Menu has 3 puddings. The customer therefore has a choice of puddings, they don't have 3 choices.

I know I'm over-analysing it and that I'm open to accusations of pedantry but I think there's a philosophical point to be made, namely that it is impossible to have more than one choice. And it irritates me to hear people say "choices", sadly. Yes, I really should get out more.

Never thought about it but it makes sense.

As an aside at the start of a meal out you do have three choices, what to have for starter, main and dessert.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here