Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small things that irritate you.....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Presumption, especially by radio presenters, that the whole country only works Monday to Friday 9-5. Driving to work on a Friday afternoon hearing them go "only a couple more hours at work to go, hope you all have a great weekend break".

Yep

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It is more the sensibility that grates, it is pretentious, and I am not sure that specifying how something is fried adds value (I trust a chef to know how different foodstuffs should be fried). On a similar note, there is a restaurant in Oxford that proclaims proudly that its pizzas are stone-baked, as if that makes a significant difference to the taste.

It's not about the taste. It's supposedly about the evenness of the cooking.

That said, it oughtn't be a major thing they need to shout about.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The brazen thickyness of the idiots that send spam email. I like to occasionally look down the latest list of 30 spam emails and chortle at how gullible they must think people are to believe it's genuine. Although I guess it only takes one or two to fall for it to make it worthwhile for them.

Those emails are deliberately written that way to filter out semi-intelligent people who might eventually decide that transferring lots of money to Africa is not a good idea and in the process waste the spammers time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
people caring about less/fewer. it means the same thing,

But it doesn't, that's the point.

Take as an example. "I installed a new sales system at the company this week and I've been dealing with user complaints all day - we need less stupid people at this place." If used correctly then it means the company has workforce that's low on intelligence, if used incorrectly, it means that the company has some people who are bright but some workers who aren't: they're not the same thing at all.

I do take the general point that grammar and spelling shouldn't matter too much but they do when poor spelling/grammar create confusion.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Players who do knee-slides when they score. Nearly all of them do it nowadays.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
People who say "It is what it is". A bloke I work with often ends discussions with: "It is what it is, but, hey ho, ours is not to reason why."

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Loud Eating.

If anyone wanted to break me through interrogation, just put me in a room with someone eating like a pig, i can't fecking stand it.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Anyone beginning a sentence with "So.........."

Absolutely. It has even infected Radio 4.

Also, replies to a question with "Yes. No.". The professional sporting fraternity have gone large on that one.

"Can I get". No you ****ing can't. The assistant will "get it". You stay this side of the counter.

Incorrect use of apostrophes.

Wasps

The inconsiderate and rude behaviour of foreign students

Mothers who ignore their kids when they are talking to them because they are obsessed with their mobile 'phones

Nicky Campbell (hmm...not appropriate. He is much more than a small irritation)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Shop / counter assistants who ask:

1) "Do you want any bags today?". If I did I am more than capable of asking for them and the fact I have just plonked my opened rucksack on the counter probably suggests I don't.

2) Do you want to buy XXXX today?". I explain to them that I am a big boy now and my mummy says that if I want XXXX today, I can ask for it

3) Do you want fries / drink with that?" FFS. Why can't they understand that if I wanted fries / a drink I would bloody order them

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"black pepper and sea salt" flavoured crisps.
"cider vinegar and sea salt" flavoured crisps. Twats.

What is wrong with "salt and pepper" or "salt and vinegar" then you absolute TWATS?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here