View Poll Results: Who would you start in goal against Watford?

Voters
324. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ryan

    192 59.26%
  • Maenpaa

    132 40.74%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 124
  1. #71
    Members wellquickwoody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,842


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, who?
    Very surprised at the OP! By even asking the question doubts are being raised #together
    Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #72
      Members Marshy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
      Posts
      16,910


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What more can Maenpaa do? He made a crucial point blank save tonight to preserve our one goal lead, he's never let us down and the defence know him better than Ryan. This is a genuine problem for Hughton.
      I dont see it as a problem at the moment at all, certainly not yet

      Even when Stockdale was making errors he never got a look in, and when Stockdale was injured and he performed well, as soon as Stockdale was fit he came back in the side because he was the better keeper.

      I suspect Roberts and Hughton know Ryan is the better keeper and its why he is No1.

      Sure if he continues to make error after error in 10 games he will come under threat, but we are a long way off that.
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.
    • #73

      0 Not allowed!
      Maenpaa, because on current evidence he is a better goalkeeper.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....
    • #74
      LUZZING chairs about Wilko's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      Location
      Madrid
      Posts
      8,704


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I would go with Ryan still but can somebody explain why Ben Roberts was hitting balls at him from the halfway line during halftime v Barnet when that is not his weakness that needs working on.
      You say that but we were watching him and he spilled a couple out his arms in the warm up which is a concern. I understand concerns over dropping Ryan but then doesn't NM deserve a chance after his clean sheet?
    • #75
      Members B.W.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      12,318


      0 Not allowed!
      NM - he deserves his chance, and Ryan's mistakes are fatal at the level we are at...
      SockMonster Quote: I agree with BW I always agree with BW. He is the font of all knowledge.
    • #76

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sure if he continues to make error after error in 10 games he will come under threat, but we are a long way off that.
      So a goal a game given away for another 6 matches means he still keeps his place??
      "Intercluderent aut mori"
    • #77
      Members wellquickwoody's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      8,842


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So a goal a game given away for another 6 matches means he still keeps his place??
      How about if he also stops three dead certainties in each of the same matches?
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
    • #78
      Members Nixonator's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Shoreham Beach
      Posts
      3,952


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So a goal a game given away for another 6 matches means he still keeps his place??
      We haven't scored a goal yet and blundered what few chances we had. Who should we sack from our outfield players?
    • #79
      ( . ) ( . )
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Struggling for breath at the top of the stairs
      Posts
      14,145


      0 Not allowed!
      Torn between the two.
      I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own,
    • #80

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How about if he also stops three dead certainties in each of the same matches?
      Where did you get this scenario from - the 'Roy Of The Rovers' editor's wastepaper bin?
      "Intercluderent aut mori"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
yyy