Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Barnet (h)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
A shocking performance by the Albion. Embarrassing to see a Brighton team of whom eight might be in our 25 man PREMIER LEAGUE squad being given a runaround by a team three divisions below us. Only decent displays were from Maenpaa, Uwe, Goldson. No urgency for most of the game. Too many crossfield and backward passes.

Maenpaa 7. Not an awful lot to do, but a decent performance.
Rosenior 4. Was expecting a lot better.
Goldson 7. Good to see him back. Looked strong. Played well.
Hunemeir 7.
Bong 6. OK
Molumby 5. Far too much sideways passing. Not enough effort to speed up the game and make forward progress.
Ince 6. Did OK. One or two lovely tackles and some decent distribution.
Knockaert 5. Major dissapointment. Hissy fit because he wasn't given a free kick when fouled. Deserved the yellow the way he berated the linesman. One or two nice touches, but became frustrated because Barnet didn't sit back and let him run rings around them. Needs to grow up.
Skalak 3. Awful. One decent shot. Apart from that he spent the game gifting the ball to Barnet players.
Towell 4. Poor. Was expecting to see a decent display from him, but did nothing of note.
Hemed 5. A lot of running, but to little effect. I hope Reading weren't watching because if they were they be withdrawing their bid.

Subs:
Tilley 6. Well taken goal, but otherwise looked a bit lightweight.
Mateju 6. Quite impressed. Decent defensively and going forward.
Connolly N/A. Hardly touched the ball. Not impressed when he did.

Summary: Depressing.

You're a dick on Molumby

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maenpaa 7
Bong 5
Uwe 7
Goldson 7
Rosenior 6
Skalak 5
Ince 7
Molomby 8 motm
Knockeart 6
Towell 5
Hemed 4

Tilley 7
Connolly 6
Mateju 6

Almost this although I would give Hemed a 5. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A shocking performance by the Albion. Embarrassing to see a Brighton team of whom eight might be in our 25 man PREMIER LEAGUE squad being given a runaround by a team three divisions below us. Only decent displays were from Maenpaa, Uwe, Goldson. No urgency for most of the game. Too many crossfield and backward passes.

Hunemeir 7.
Bong 6. OK
Molumby 5. Far too much sideways passing. Not enough effort to speed up the game and make forward progress.
Knockaert 5. Major dissapointment. Hissy fit because he wasn't given a free kick when fouled. Deserved the yellow the way he berated the linesman. One or two nice touches, but became frustrated because Barnet didn't sit back and let him run rings around them. Needs to grow up.
Skalak 3. Awful. One decent shot. Apart from that he spent the game gifting the ball to Barnet players.
Towell 4. Poor. Was expecting to see a decent display from him, but did nothing of note.
Hemed 5. A lot of running, but to little effect. I hope Reading weren't watching because if they were they be withdrawing their bid.

Subs:

WTF

Ray Wilkins had an England career doing the neat and tidy stuff. I thought he did well on his full debut

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Hunemeir 7.
Bong 6. OK

Subs:

I was really hoping that we'd play some more expansive football tonight and score a few goals, and that the players hungry to stake a PL place would make a decent effort so that the club would be given a bit of a confidence boost.

It would seem not!!!

Something's not quite right at the moment, is it? Probably just the new players not gellling yet but we seem to have lost some of that spirit we had last season. We need our mojo back and badly.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Meanpaa 7 - did everything asked of him
Bong 5 just poor
Goldson 7 seemed to get his head on everything that came his way
Big 7 solid
Rosenior 7 solid
Ince 6 nice to see him play and coped well with a league 2 team (is that being damned with faint praise)
Molumby 7 calm and collected and showed good maturity
Ak 7 - seemed to be the only one that was urgent to get the ball in the net in the first half
Skalak 3 rubbish
Towell 4 passing and commitment poor
Hemed 5 tries hard but just doesn't have the intuition to be in the right place so seems to be always fighting for the ball (and losing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Maenpaa 7.5 Did nothing wrong and stopped Barnet equaliser with great point blank save.
Rosenior 5 Very poor by his standards gave ball away to easily
Hunemeier 8 Premiership ready and good bench player for premiership
Goldson 7.5 Same as above
Bong 5 Not good enough to start in Premiership on this showing
Knockaert 5 What was he doing. Never a foul on him and should have been sent off for abuse of the linesman right in front of us
Molumby 8 MOTM What a prospect he is. On this showing should in first team squad
Ince 7 Thought he had a solid game and linked well with Molumby
Skalak 4 Once he got into the team for his set piece delivery. Even that has disappeared. Needs a loan
Towell 5 Tries hard but needs a loan to progress
Hemed 5 Showed tonight that he cannot even find space against League 2 centre defenders. A shame because I hoped he would be ok in the premiership

Tilley 6.5 Took goal well and if continues to shine in under 23's should get a chance on the bench occasionally
Mateju 6 Looked reasonably solid
Connolly 6 Not much chance to shine

A lot of senior players looked poor tonight with a chance to impress. This week gives us the chance to get rid of the dead wood either on loan or sold. We cannot afford to carry players in the 25 man squad.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Maenpaa 7 - Cracking reaction save, outrageous throw out for Skalak to **** up but then decided to kick it out to the oppostion forward line a minute later.
Rosenior 5 - Love this bloke, but this was honestly the worst performance I've seen him have. Good movement for Molumby to find him for the goal, other than that v poor.
Bong 6 - Don't get the criticism, not great but the better fullback in the first half.
Uwe 7 - Ready to step in.
Goldson 7 - Ready to step in.
Ince 6 - The constant lateral passing brings back memories, often a few yards behind the intended target. Some good challenges we know he is capable of, some poor ones too.
Molumby 8(MotM) - Some crisp passing on show, looks a decent prospect. Lovely ball through to Rosenior for the goal.
Knocky 6 - Moments of brilliance, marked down for petulance.
Skalak 4 - Must already know his fate, he is better than that showing.
Towell 3 - Hard to see why a fresh contract was offered, does himself no favours.
Hemed 5 - Offered nothing but showed pedigree at times.

Tilley 6 - Well taken goal, very pleased for him. Left for dead a couple of times though and lightweight.
Mateju 6 - Liked the cut of his jib.
Connolly 5 - Seemed to want a couple of minutes to hold the ball up. Not on long enough to comment beyond that.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Maenpaa - 6.5 - 1 great save in the second half - commanding on crosses when required - Would like to see him given a shot if Mr Ryan doesn't improve
Bong - 5 - Not at his best at all tonight
Rosenior - 7.5 - Great to see him play a full game in his preferred position.
Goldson - 7 - Strong and commanding -
BFG - 8 - The mighty German was MOM tonight - absolutely superb - One crunching sliding tackle in the first half was a joy to behold countless headers and interceptions.
Molomby - 7 - Really strong performance
Ince - 6.5 - the telescopic legs once more in evidence - a much better player than some give him credit for..
AK - 6 - flattered to deceive for me - should have scored, the petulance was unnecessary.. and a yellow card - disappointing
Skalak - 6 - had a couple of glimpses in the second half - one powerful run and shot showed what he is capable of, we just don't see enough of it.
Towell - 5 - Missed his opportunity to impress tonight. we were in desperate need of some intelligent (dare I say Baldockesque) forward play. Richie was not up to it on this occasion
Hemed - 6 - Should have scored -

Mateju - 5.5 - didn't really notice him
Tilley - 6.5 - Nice to get his name on the scoresheet - stands a chance of being our topscorer for a while
Connolly - 5 - Didn't really get going

Barnet team - They could have won it, with a bit of luck and if Uwe hadn't been so damn good.
Barnet fans 8 - They sang all of our songs (pretty much)

Maenpaa - 8 Excellent, have we already seen our save of the season?
Bong - 6 not at his best but struggled trying to link with Skalak
Rosenior - 7 Created the goal and looks our form left back
Goldson - 6 Competent
Uwe - 8 MOTM Inspired display, the only player driving us forward from the back apart from skipper
Molomby - 6 Good debut, quite Norwood like
Ince - 6 OK but still looks like a defender playing out of position
Knocky - 7 Still a class act despite his frustration
Skalak - 3 Looked like we were giving the physio a game, just for a laugh
Towell - 5 Struggled with the basics
Hemed - 5 This is not the player who won the Seville game. Getting 4-5 mill will be good business

Ales - 6 created history by being first Allbion player to have a handball as first touch (probably, over to Tim C)
Tilley - 7 Looks our best teenager, exciting
Connolly - 5 Couldn't get into the game

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maenppa - 7
Rosenoir- 6
Bong - 6
Hunenmeier - 8
Goldson - 7
Knockaert - 5 - petulant
Ince - 5
Towell - 5
Skalak- 4
Molumby - 7
Hemed - 6

Tilley - 7
Ales - 6
Connolly - 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I'd agree with you almost completely except for his performances last season when he came off the bench. He seems to play so much better and have a greater impact as a second half sub - or he did in the Championship. Not so sure that would be true in the PL.

Of course he could have been told by the gaffer to just take it easy as he didn't want any knocks being as we are short on strikers. It's always diffiult to make genuine judgements on player performances when you don't know what's said behind the scenes or what the exact game plan might be.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
WTF

Ray Wilkins had an England career doing the neat and tidy stuff. I thought he did well on his full debut

Quite.

Molumby was our best player in the first half. He did go sideways, but if you are 18, on your debut, perhaps a little nervous, you don't want to put a foot wrong, so you look for the easiest option.

I thought Tilley (who also did well) also looked for the easiest option when he came on, possibly for the same reason.

However, having watched both players several times for the U23s, they are normally morec creative.

boik

Quite.

Molumby was our best player in the first half. He did go sideways, but if you are 18, on your debut, perhaps a little nervous, you don't want to put a foot wrong, so you look for the easiest option.

I thought Tilley (who also did well) also looked for the easiest option when he came on, possibly for the same reason.

However, having watched both players several times for the U23s, they are normally morec creative.

When Tilley came on he made so great forward runs , was picked out once which lead to a good chance. After that no-one picked out his runs so he gradually stopped making them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When Tilley came on he made so great forward runs , was picked out once which lead to a good chance. After that no-one picked out his runs so he gradually stopped making them.

Yes. I agree.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Maenppa - 7
Rosenoir- 6
Bong - 6
Hunenmeier - 8
Goldson - 7
Knockaert - 5 - petulant
Ince - 5
Towell - 5
Skalak- 4
Molumby - 7
Hemed - 6

Tilley - 7
Ales - 6
Connolly - 5

Ince worse than Bong. You've gone batshit mad.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The announcer pronounced his name 'Alice' which brings in a whole genre of songs to sing although I hope we're not chanting:

Ales, Ales, who the **** is Ales?

Much more importantly, I was impressed with the size and speed & strength of this man and his willingness to overlap the skilful Tilley. He got in good positions and put in a couple of well targeted crosses along the deck. A few question marks with his defending but he could be the future once Bruno hangs up his boots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here