Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great to see Ince back in the stripes.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Other than the youngsters on debut, it was a challenge for anyone to come out of this game with any credit. If Barnet had rolled over it would have been down to poor opposition. As it was they were well organised and focussed and they made it hard for us. At least half a dozen of our established players didn't do themselves any favours. The one damning thing for me about Ince, was the number of times our own players passed the ball in front of him. This was a subtle hint to him that he needed to take the pass on the move not rocking back on his his heels, he just looked surprised each time that the pass wasn't coming to his feet.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ince had a decent game, especially compared to our flanks and attack. Molumby, I'm even more impressed now I know he's only 18, he really is a prospect and no wonder CH is keen to get him into the first team at the first opportunity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are so blinkered.

So, is everybody else who saw the same failed passes behind the man and not to him or in front of but making them go back for the ball. I think the blinkered one is you who see him as potentially a world class midfielder. His performance wasnt the worst one but showed that he would be an asset to a side in League 1 or 2 but is way out of his depth with us.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
So, is everybody else who saw the same failed passes behind the man and not to him or in front of but making them go back for the ball. I think the blinkered one is you who see him as potentially a world class midfielder. His performance wasnt the worst one but showed that he would be an asset to a side in League 1 or 2 but is way out of his depth with us.
Nobody has ever said "world class". Always been obvious you do not like Ince nor lua lua. Commenting around league 2 is very very amusing. There are also plenty in our existing set up that also are not up to the grade.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I thought Ince did his job OK last night, won some tackles to break up play, his passing could have been better I agree.

I can only assume he didn't get forward at all because he was told not to. We have seen the attacking side of him in some of his loans so clearly has that ability. Maybe CH expected our FB to get forward a bit more and wanted Ince to cover, but LR and GB didn't get past the wingers so we looked disjointed between forwards and midfield.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nice to hear whether some saying he was amazing and some very poor that everyone seems to say he tried hard to prove himself.

Expect Molumby is actually above him in the pecking order now though. For a year now has sounded like he's one of the 3 or so to watch. Bit early yet but fingers crossed.

Molumby is just a great footballer, can pass, good brain, excellent movement, really hope he continues to kick on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Hun made more forward offensive runs than Ince or his young partner. The static nature of our centre mid is absolutely killing us this season so far, none of them appear able to break beyond the no 10

Agreed, and when its Towell and Hemed as the front pairing you really need someone centrally or even a wide man at times to get beyond them due to there lack of pace.

Zero pace in that side last night

Can't bloody wait for the new signings to get up to speed.

I do have hopes of Hopper being a decent ball carrier getting beyond the forwards

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Agreed, and when its Towell and Hemed as the front pairing you really need someone centrally or even a wide man at times to get beyond them due to there lack of pace.

I do have hopes of Hopper being a decent ball carrier getting beyond the forwards

Do you mean Propper?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Due to the obvious lack of pace in the side to turn defence into attack I was surprised and disappointed to see that Ahannack, who is reputedly quick did not feature at all. I was actually hoping for him to come on for Skalak when Connolly came on for Hemed. It would have been interesting to see if he could get some crosses into Hemed and Towell.

ghost17

Jun 15, 2017
Would have him in my starting 11 in the prem, he is an ideal player to have for the prem with either another alongside him or have 2 further attacking cm in front.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
shame we cant wait for Ince but the club have been patient I feel, he didn't get forward last night however you could still see his lack of mojo on the ball, ball winner/opposition play stopper 10 out of 10 though

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
shame we cant wait for Ince but the club have been patient I feel, he didn't get forward last night however you could still see his lack of mojo on the ball, ball winner/opposition play stopper 10 out of 10 though
Knowing Chris - was probably told not to, and just Sit, break up, and keep things ticking.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Agree with other posters commenting on the lack of incision in our play, which to be fair I'd attribute to both Molumby (although very tidy) and Ince. If they were both told to keep things ticking then that's fair enough, but I'm genuinely not sure if I saw Rohan attempt one pass forwards centrally to Towell/Hemed/Knockaert when he was on and dropping into the hole, as he instead continually spread it to the full back every time.

Not a major criticism and I'm a big fan of his, but with the power and ability he has I also felt there were times he could have driven at their defence, committed one of the centre midfielders and then popped it off to someone else rather than taking the easy option- he looked a little scared to lose the ball. He's still an absolute tank in the tackle though and I wish him well, although realistically that's not going to be here- at least for this season.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
WOW! That puts some perspective on your judgement then. David Batty? When he played for England? He was OK at Leeds, but average at best for England and that's kindly ignoring his penalty.

Rather than bursting into tears and/or doing a pizza advert he walked away and said '**** it' ....If my lip reading has any skills.
Belting player.

That said Howard Wilkinson sold him and purchased Carlton Palmer.

Mess

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here