Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New floodlights

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I feel there may be potential for eye damage as you are constantly looking in their direction for 90 minutes. I am in East Lower. I will now be using peak cap and sun glasses having suffered eye damage in the past from bright light. Just to top it off I have migraines. Not a happy chap.

Where there's blame, there's a claim £££

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Are playing havoc with my glasses... Might have to visit Specsavers for some anti-glare lenses :)

They are blinding in the west lower. Glad I don't usually sit down here.

View attachment 88452

They really are VERY bright. I fully reccomend not looking directly at them, like the sun.

Not just me then, unfortunately I do sit in the lower west, so will be affected for all night and winter time games.

Although I have glasses with the bright glare, I was unable to read the players name clearly on the big screens.

Not sure if i will need anti glare glasses, sunglasses, a cap or a blindfold to avoid the glare.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
When did the goldstone lights go down to 9 per 'tower' ? I reckon late 60s or early 70s. And for a bonus point, how many lights per tower were there before ? And photographic evidence, obviously :wink:

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Don't bother. My glasses have the anti glare & it's still doesn't help.
When walking up towards the steps from the ESL concourse to the stand, I struggle to see the approaching steps even with my baseball cap on my head, once in my seat though the cap definitely helps.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I had noticed two of the lights on during the Man City game (one each in the North and South Stands), and found them to be very annoying. This thread now has me concerned for future games as I also have some light sensitivity issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here