Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demeaning fancy dress donation.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A bit silly on both sides, I think the trust is being oversensitive in asking them not to fund raise in this way, and the fundraisers should expect the donation to be refused if they then fund raise in this way. (after having been asked not to)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
A bit silly on both sides, I think the trust is being oversensitive in asking them not to fund raise in this way, and the fundraisers should expect the donation to be refused if they then fund raise in this way. (after having been asked not to)

I would say fook you and give to another cause in the locality that wasn't so prissy.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Jesus wept.
Those who got insulted and refused the money really need to lighten up.

People these days take things and themselves way too seriously.

The guys should be applauded for raising a good amount of money in their own time, for a good cause.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

Thanks for pointing out they had been asked not to do it. I hadn't noticed that part. Think I started skim reading towards the end as I was getting annoyed. I must calm down and improve my attention span.
I think I side with the women who refused the money now :lol:

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
The hospital should take the money and then tell them men dressing up as women was funny in 1970 (unless you're David walliams then you can make a career out of it).

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Take the cash and ask that they don't do it next year - refusing it is ridiculous. There are reasons for justifiably refusing, don't waste the effort on this sort of stuff.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
A dozen hairy geezers in their wives frillies is not 'sexualisation' for most I would hope. What if any of the group happen to be crossdressers or LGBT curious? Could be all sorts of long term psychological effects due to being publicly shamed for their ambiguous sexual identities. Class action?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The hospital should take the money and then tell them men dressing up as women was funny in 1970 (unless you're David walliams then you can make a career out of it).

I'm assuming you were not in Brighton on 5/8 this year......you would have had a ball.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Take the cash and ask that they don't do it next year - refusing it is ridiculous. There are reasons for justifiably refusing, don't waste the effort on this sort of stuff.

This is an annual event and they had already asked them not to do it.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008

Mrs Browns Boys more so and bonus points for not being funny - once, ever.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Maybe someone with a bit more time on there hands could organise a weekly 'Sheffield Wednesday Award' for the most ridiculous organisation/individual in the media.
I mean, fancy refusing a donation from a bunch of blokes who have put the 'fun' in 'fundraisers'
How low can they go? Ludlow
Take a bow Ditheridge, you silly bitch

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seems the only person complaining is the CEO, Ditheridge. If she's anything like the recent CEOs of BSUH then maybe this is a diversion from her inability at providing the best service for her community!

Judging by their last CQC report a lot 'requires improvement'!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

The article isn't explicit as to whether they been asked not to cross-dress or do a bed push. Either way it is silly... which is rather the point.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here