Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any chance of signing a player with premier league experience ??

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Huddersfield, much to my chagrin, are a great and current example. How many of their squad have any extensive Premier League experience? 1? Maybe? Where are they in the league again?

Yes - they've not exactly played any of the big boys and it's early days BLAH BLAH BLAH. They are an excellent example of why "Premier League Experience" isn't a prerequisite to be able to hold your own in this league.

Agreed but are they an example of what happens when you get your players in early, allow them time to get to know each others play. This has allowed them to gather a very nice six points. I just wonder how long it is going to take our signings to start playing as a team and how long before we have six points on the board.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Any chance of not criticising the manager and his recruitment staff and just letting them get on with the job of building a squad they have a chance of competing in this league? Because let's face it, they will know a hell of a lot more than you, me or anyone else on here what/who works or not.

I HONESTLY thought the close season was the time to take a break from NSC – or these threads at least – but no, it seems the ideal moment is after two league defeats against teams that will finish WAAAAAY above the Albion.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No, the big difference is the quality of the opposition they've faced thus far compared to us. If they come out of October / November where they play 5 of last seasons top 6 unscathed then I'll gladly bounce this topic and bow down to your superiority.

That's just drivel though. It's not about the top 6 but the rest of teams. Please do bounce this as i think you have spectacularly got it wrong. Our approach to games in this league will virtually be 11 men behind the ball home or away no matter who the opponents are

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Agreed but are they an example of what happens when you get your players in early, allow them time to get to know each others play. This has allowed them to gather a very nice six points. I just wonder how long it is going to take our signings to start playing as a team and how long before we have six points on the board.

Huddersfield would not have had 6 points on 'the board' if they had played Manchester City and Leicester. Let's not be misled.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I think some of your fans are being a bit harsh, you played City at home which was a free hit. You then play Leicester away, another difficult match. I suspect most teams in the Prem outside the top 8 would look at a one point return from those two games as being a good result.

One of the tricky things about being promoted is that you go from being a largely successful team, used to picking up at least a point away, to one scrapping for an away point and being happy with it. It can take a while getting used to it.

The important thing is not to let it get to you, Chris seems to have a good understanding with the players and his experience of the Prem will be invaluable. This season will be very tough as there isn't the 'obvious' team who are looking to go down. But don't mark your card on two games.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Decent point. One big difffeence they have a manger who will give it a go and I'm afraid we don't .

A +34 goal difference last season would point to CH being a manager that can give it a go. I can understand the caution in the first games tho. Maybe he is aware of the lack of fire power, and so is playing to the strengths of the squad available. With the two latest signings, defence might swing more in favour of attack now.

el punal

Decent point. One big difffeence they have a manger who will give it a go and I'm afraid we don't .

Tell you what. As you're so insistent about who we should sign, how we should be performing and where we're going wrong (!), why don't you contact Tony Bloom, submit a job spec. and your C.V., insist on an interview to take over Chris Hughton's role. You never know you might be successful.

A word of warning though, if you are successful in being appointed I would lay off reading NSC for a bit, your words might come back to haunt you.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ryan, Suttner, Dunk, Duffy, Bruno, March, Stephens, Propper, Murphy, Gross, Murray, Knockaert, Hemed, Brown, Sidwell, Rosenior

All players who have played in the premier league.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I know a striker with plenty of premier league experience thats perfectly suited for us..... hehe

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We look likely to have an attack looking like this and people are complaining?

....................................Dwanema.....................................................................................
..................................................................Jovetic/Zohore..............................................

Ezquierido.........................................................................................March/Knockaert

.........................................Propper................Stephens...............................................

We've gone from looking very slow and one dimensional to now, in just a few days, looking like with have electric speed upfront and on the wings, with 2 centre midfielders capable of utilising the teams pace with killer through balls when we're on the counter, we're going to be much more exciting to watch now. This is such an exciting time for the club. We have a lot of potential through the squad. How is anyone complaining? Besides, I remember transfer windows when players like Nathan Elder and Alex Revell were our big signings. This right now is an incredible time to be an Albion fan. Soak it all up. Think of all those fans in the lower leagues dreaming their club could do what we're doing right now. That was us not too long ago.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
Any chance of [MENTION=20820]Seagulls1984[/MENTION] not being a whinging little girl for 5 seconds?

Seriously all the threads you've either started or commented on, is just sheer misery. Go and support someone else if we're so shit.

Aug 23, 2011
Yes maybe have to pay over the odds but at least you know what your getting !!
Seem to be taking a lot of gambles on players we have no real idea how they will perform !

Ronaldo didn't have any when he was signed by Man Utd (only played 25 games in total for sporting), and what about Vardy, Mahrez, etc. I remember Veron being a high profile player with world cup experience signed for a transfer record, Man Utd "knew" what they were getting there.......

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Not that at all. Appreciate the need to start picking up points but realistic enough to know that no signing even with prem experience is guaranteed to be a success. As a club we've spent a lot and if they gel as a team over the next couple of months we have every chance of staying up and pushing on from there. Akpom had this much heralded prem experience as did Wilson. Worked for them didnt it?

What are those two doing now. Akpom really made me angry with his lack of effort. It will be interesting to see where he ends up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here