Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimpy

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Definitely one in Rayliegh Essex bit more expensive but I'm willing to pay for some nostalgia still have red plastic seats and sauce bottles shaped like a tomato, quality .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
for some context, when is that poster from and what would have been typical hourly rate/week wages?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
BENDER in a BUN then a BROWN DERBY if we'd been really good. The stuff of dreams when you're a kid.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Went to the one in Peacehaven a few months ago. Must have been the first time I've been in there for 15+ years. Total dive.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Just enjoying a retro burger and shake at wimpy in Worthing.

Appears to be a busy, clean restaurant with enthusiastic, friendly and efficient staff

Burger as good as it was 30 years ago

But what is the capacity, can they fill it, and is there any room for expansion?

We need attendance figures!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe they're making a comeback? Owned by a South African company now, I believe - but in the 80s many of them disappeared when taken over by Burger King (well, huge numbers of them actually became Burger Kings).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I remember being TREATED to Wimpy on East Street followed by a film at the ABC Cinema for my twelfth birthday. What more could a kid ask for?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Definitely one in Rayliegh Essex bit more expensive but I'm willing to pay for some nostalgia still have red plastic seats and sauce bottles shaped like a tomato, quality .

The family that owns / has the franchise in Worthing also has a Wimpy business in Essex. Not sure where though but this might be the one. Shame they have been eradicated in Brighton. Have fond memories of both the East Street and Old Steine branches. Oh! There was one along Western Road too. Happy days!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Reminds me of this classic by our esteemed leader:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here