Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimpy

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Used to go into the Wimpy in Horsham a few times - at the time it was fairly high on the list of decent places to eat in the town - that or Wetherspoons.

Always had a good meal in there, and fairly cheap too. I'd not turn down a Wimpy if offered.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Some are still around, sadly all too few.

As you know I'm a potbellied 10 pinter kind of fan so it has to be the train, but I may be pursaded to drive to Southampton to take in the one on the A34. The Midlands is also served by one near Tamworth so that is another plan B.

It's a shame Betws-y-Coed aren't in the Prem there is a lovely one near there.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Wimpy in East Street holds fond memories. Group of us went there whilst waiting for the train to get back from Newcastle after our promotion to Div 1 in '79. For some reason (well, there probably wasn't a reason!) we took most of their cutlery with us when we left.

Then up to the station to greet the players getting off of the train. Happy days.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I went out with an amazing girl around that time, she worked in the Western Road Wimpy, I won't put her name on here, it would be unfair, but she was really pretty! she was a waitress, If my memory serves me well she did the job part time, sat + sun and other shifts (i think! )

Regularly turning up at a Wimpy to coincide with one of the waitresses shift pattern so you can sit there all besotted obsessively ogling her doesn't actually constitute "going out" with her. The word they use for that type of behaviour nowadays is stalking. The fact that you still have your diary from that time with her shift pattern written in it, to which you obviously referred, is even more worrying. I'd destroy the evidence if I were you and try to move on.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Wimpy in East Street holds fond memories. Group of us went there whilst waiting for the train to get back from Newcastle after our promotion to Div 1 in '79. For some reason (well, there probably wasn't a reason!) we took most of their cutlery with us when we left.

Then up to the station to greet the players getting off of the train. Happy days.

with stolen Wimpy cutlery?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Used to go into the Wimpy in Horsham a few times - at the time it was fairly high on the list of decent places to eat in the town - that or Wetherspoons.

You stay classy Horsham.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sometimes my grandad used to pick me up from St Andrews school in Hove and take me to the Wimpy's in George Street for a Knickerbocker Glory, with the extra long spoon.

Scenes.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
All hail the Brown Derby.

Remember having a birthday party at the Wimpy in Peacehaven sometime in the 80s...

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
My first job was in Western Road near Norfolk Square back in 1968/69 and me and the other apprentices used the Wimpy just over the road from us all the time. We were spoilt back then as there was a large Clarkes the Bakers shop/restaurant right next to us as well, happy days. :drool:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Wimpey is no different to macdonalds, Burger King, KFC etc, all crap bad food nutrition so called restaurants. Why eat such rubbish food. Worthing is not Brighton & Hove but has some half decent places to eat. If you want fast food, go to the Fish factory

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Regularly turning up at a Wimpy to coincide with one of the waitresses shift pattern so you can sit there all besotted obsessively ogling her doesn't actually constitute "going out" with her. The word they use for that type of behaviour nowadays is stalking. The fact that you still have your diary from that time with her shift pattern written in it, to which you obviously referred, is even more worrying. I'd destroy the evidence if I were you and try to move on.

You are the girl in question aren't you? I've found you at long last!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS there is a love god!!! can we meet up? .........actually.......you owe me!!! thanks to you i sat in that Wimpy bar week after week!!! constantly eating Cheeseburgers and Brown Derbys just so I could see you!!! .....thanks to you I'm now 38 stone and I can't stand the thought of another Burger!!! (I actually can't freaking stand at all!!)..........you wrecked my life you bitch!! I HATE YOU!!!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Wimpey is no different to macdonalds, Burger King, KFC etc, all crap bad food nutrition so called restaurants. Why eat such rubbish food. Worthing is not Brighton & Hove but has some half decent places to eat. If you want fast food, go to the Fish factory

- Convenience
- Fast
- Kinda tastes nice when hungry/inebriated/stoned/away to Carlisle after losing 3-1
- Cheap

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here