Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Barnet *** Official Match Thread ***

I thought we were pretty poor. Barnet defended pretty deep which was hardly a surprise and all we seemed to do was to run forward until we reached their defence then we passed it from side to side across the face of the defence. Only rarely did we pick a defence splitting pass, one from Knocky and another from Molumby which led to the goal. And only a couple of times did we get behind them on the flanks.

We needed to move the ball a lot quicker than we did which would have given their defence less time to get into position. I thought their defence looked fairly comfortable all night..

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Maybe the remit was................steer clear of 50 50 tackles and make sure you don't get injured and get some playing time under your belt in readiness for the weekend perhaps ? - Fans love to win every match. I am one of them and it took me about 20 years to realise that my desires are not the same as the overall clubs desires. I love watching clubs like Motherwell because every match they play their best 11 - They do that because they want to win every match and as a fan that's brilliant but they don't have the quality to do so.

Brighton have moved well above that level of football. That's what everyone wanted. This is the first season though. Squad conservation but trying to win at the same time. Not always easy. I think be happy because fans are also screaming out for a player to come through the ranks. Tilley scored. That's a start for someone his age.

You REALLY are spot on, I'm just venting my frustrations.
I thought Tilley looked hungry for action, took his chance well and showed his desire.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just got home. Well done the bright sparks who closed junction 9-10 of the M25 and junction 2-4 of the M3 on the same night. Bravo :clap2:

Anyway, pretty dull stuff tonight from the team but some bright performances from Rosenior, Hunemeier (my man of the match), Goldson and Knockaert was just about ok when he wasn't arguing with the (inept) linesman. Maenpaa had little to do but neither did their keeper unfortunately.

The midfield was of concern, Ince was patchy, some nice breaking up of play but he can't pass for toffee. Molumby was neat and tidy but lacked the little bit of skill to beat a man or thread the killer pass, he's got time on his side though so he could easily add that to his game. Towel huffed and puffed and achieved nothing. Skalak was really poor, which is a shame because I think he's a character. Not sure what's happened to him really. This all lead to poor old Tomer having zero service and cutting an isolated figure up front.

Tilley looked busy and took his goal well, Connolly is quite small isn't he! Bong suffered from playing behind Jiri tonight, who was having a bit of a nightmare.

We won though which is great, and I'd be happy if Rosenior Goldson or Hunemeier had to step into the first team.

You too!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who do we want in the next round?

"The Round Three draw is unseeded, with the first ball drawn as the home club, followed by an away club. This is repeated until there are 16 ties, which will played week commencing 18th September 2017.

League

L 15 Bournemouth (A) 20:00
L 24 Newcastle United (H) 16:00

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
DH94h4yXUAAIHkQ.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here