Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Barnet *** Official Match Thread ***

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not when they pretty much amounted to "they should have done football better" no. We are through, that is the point. Bring on the next round!

You just like wearing the colours and using your rattle don't you?

If you want this forum to be about more than that then you'll need to accept criticism where it's due.

I'm not exactly calling for anyone's head. I'm just saying we learned little and made tactical errors in our play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ooooooo look at you! So, funny. It is much better to slay the team off for small errors instead of seeing the bigger picture.

This big picture of yours, is it big or REALLY big?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Stop whining about people whinging when THEY'RE OBSERVING a pattern of sorts.

Sorry, I got shouty for a moment. Don't know what came over me.

The thing is you post a lot of sense, and i enjoy your posts generally. But moaning about our team isn't very constructive or helpful is it?

Jimmy Grimble

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Barnet *** Official Match Thread ***

Tactically/shape wise we were awful from an attacking point of view in the first half. At least 10 yards too deep and no one willing to drive forwards with the ball. No one moving between the lines or dragging players out of position.

Second half we improved in this sense then dropped off again shortly after we scored. Tilley and Mateju were key in the improvement.

Molomby was very tidy but I was hoping he'd offer more going forward.

Ince was as ever. Robust and cleaned a few people out but not good in possession. Skalak was piss poor.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Tactically/shape wise we were awful from an attacking point of view in the first half. At least 10 yards too deep and no one willing to drive forwards with the ball. No one moving between the lines or dragging players out of position.

Second half we improved in this sense then dropped off again shortly after we scored. Tilley and Mateju were key in the improvement.

Molomby was very tidy but I was hoping he'd offer more going forward.

Ince was as ever. Robust and cleaned a few people out but not good in possession. Skalak was piss poor.

Molumby anonymous for me and I thought Ince was one of the picks of a poor bunch, 1st half particulalry. I don't think I ever want to see Towell again.

I went in the expectation that I might see even a reserve team go for it and grab the game by the throat. The trains didn't disappoint I suppose

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The thing is you post a lot of sense, and i enjoy your posts generally. But moaning about our team isn't very constructive or helpful is it?

I really wasn't trying to moan, more make a point that we drop way too deep, way too often when defending slender leads. I find that disappointing, more so tonight given the level of the opposition.

Thank you for what you said though, it's nice to read someone out there occasionally likes what I do :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Molumby anonymous for me and I thought Ince was one of the picks of a poor bunch, 1st half particulalry. I don't think I ever want to see Towell again.

I went in the expectation that I might see even a reserve team go for it and grab the game by the throat. The trains didn't disappoint I suppose

Molumby never put a foot wrong my mom.
You must need glasses :moo:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Spoke to a couple or Barnet fans outside, gave them the praise they deserved, they had a good night out

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Molumby wa impressive - always aware of position, always in space and ready to receive the ball. He has the potential to be very special. MoM

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Anonymous? He was the one who controlled the game, superb debut

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I really wasn't trying to moan, more make a point that we drop way too deep, way too often when defending slender leads. I find that disappointing, more so tonight given the level of the opposition.

Thank you for what you said though, it's nice to read someone out there occasionally likes what I do :)

It must be the way we are told to play.
We have done it so often over the past two seasons and now against Barnet.
For a squad that can break and attack freely when we want to, I find it very odd that we sit back whenever we score.
In the league, if we do score and continue to do it, even though we have a good defence, we will never win a game, too many players in every side that can step up and score when needed.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't like to be pessimistic but that was agony to sit through. Glad for Tilley to get his first goal. The possession was so strange - from being in complete control to hanging on near the end. Job done though and I just hope we can get some confidence for Watford - they'll be a bit shocked after being 1-0 up on Bristol City. We have to look at the positives.

I personally found tonight a bit overwhelming with the post-traumatic-stress I'm experiencing through grief and a court case quite recently. Felt a panic attack coming on so I had to compose myself with deep breathing exercises. I feel so weak with the large crowds so close to me. Being completely sober didn't help though! Hopefully I'm better for West Bromwich.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So, 5 points in the bag towards Arsenal game and that's probably the best thing about this evening.

Possession football in your half is dull. Possession football that never creates any chances is pointless.

It seemed that whenever we played a ball forward they were required to play the ball back again. Molumby was always seeking possession and was tidy but only made one driving run forward before losing the ball. Most of the time, he was asking for the ball from the defenders then playing it back to them or sideways. Good to see Tilley poach a goal but he did little else. Up front we were very light. Think Towell wasted his last opportunity to impress and seems Hemed is on his way. There were players out there that should have been out to impress to get a chance in the first team squad but most failed. Not entirely sure what people saw in Ince. Sort of midfield hitman but nothing else. Defence were reasonably solid but Bong's attempted cross in the first half summed up why we've gone out and got Suttner! And as for Knockhaert, not sure he really wanted to be there. Should have scored late in the first half but dithered and allowed himself to get wound up and booked hence we started the second half with no creativity up front!

As for those going on about us winning an that's all that matters, what exactly do you watch football for? We were playing a team in mid table in League two. We are a premier league team currently on a losing run. A good win with a few goals will boost morale. Scraping through does nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here