Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnet Football Clubs most famous supporter...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
emma-bunton-sexy-2049294853.jpg

No disrespect Emma, you may be one of the nations facourite disc jockeys but your boys will find things too spicy :Loyola: at the Amex as they take one helluva beating.

Chris and the boys will be hell bent on getting our first competitive win of the season and your League two babies will be the lambs to the slaughter.

Come on, now we're a PL giant lets not forgoe a shot st the cups so lets get a bumper audience down the Amex and show the boys our support in pursuit of Carabao Cup glory.

:ascarf:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Never mind EB what about the great days of Stan Flashman and Barry Fry. More brown envelopes flying around than in the Post Office. Thats the way to do business. Thrash out your terms first before you even get round to talking about the player. Fat Stan only dealt in cash. He had suitcases full of it in his house. He once got BF tickets for a Sinatra concert and then took his next months salary in lieu of payment.
He sacked Fry umpteen times but kept re-instating him. Never in the history of football have there been two sharper individuals at one football club, sailing so close to the wind. One football manager told me that it was a nightmare dealing with them. ' Personal terms ' had to be thrashed out first, then you could get onto other matters. i.e buying or selling a player.
Ah....bungs, bribes, brown envelopes, backhanders, brow-beating and bullying. Thank goodness none of that goes on these days and all deals are transparent and official. When young talented players like Tammy Abraham can move to a PL club safe in the knowledge that all dealings are beyond scrutiny and that no unfair inducement has been offered. In a world of honourable agents and FFP it seems like Messrs Flashman and Fry were out of the dark ages.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Never mind EB what about the great days of Stan Flashman and Barry Fry. More brown envelopes flying around than in the Post Office. Thats the way to do business. Thrash out your terms first before you even get round to talking about the player. Fat Stan only dealt in cash. He had suitcases full of it in his house. He once got BF tickets for a Sinatra concert and then took his next months salary in lieu of payment.
He sacked Fry umpteen times but kept re-instating him. Never in the history of football have there been two sharper individuals at one football club, sailing so close to the wind. One football manager told me that it was a nightmare dealing with them. ' Personal terms ' had to be thrashed out first, then you could get onto other matters. i.e buying or selling a player.
Ah....bungs, bribes, brown envelopes, backhanders, brow-beating and bullying. Thank goodness none of that goes on these days and all deals are transparent and official. When young talented players like Tammy Abraham can move to a PL club safe in the knowledge that all dealings are beyond scrutiny and that no unfair inducement has been offered. In a world of honourable agents and FFP it seems like Messrs Flashman and Fry were out of the dark ages.

So true.

Come back Eric Hall.

Monster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I met EB ... she politely declined ��

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
John Motson is Barnet's most high profile celebrity supporter but a picture of him wouldn't be as good eye candy. :)

Emma Bunton was born and raised in Barnet so I guess that counts. :thumbsup:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
John Motson is Barnet's most high profile celebrity supporter but a picture of him wouldn't be as good eye candy. :)

Emma Bunton was born and raised in Barnet so I guess that counts. :thumbsup:

In fairness Motson is the only high profile one I can think of. Very much enjoyed his bigging up of the real North London rivalry between Barnet and Enfield on Football Focus before the Bees 4-0 Fa Cup win one year. (writes a Barnet exile)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here