Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Brighton police. New ITV series.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've watched both programmes in this series. I like this type of prog, made even better by seeing much of our city.

The 'mastermind' behind the violent house robbery, learnt a big lesson on using prison phones! How thick. But he did manage to create a new English word, stating that the police had "fabrighasted" the case against him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've watched both programmes in this series. I like this type of prog, made even better by seeing much of our city.

The 'mastermind' behind the violent house robbery, learnt a big lesson on using prison phones! How thick. But he did manage to create a new English word, stating that the police had "fabrighasted" the case against him.

:D.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They screen the other series about the Brighton police on the ABC here earlier, the fictional one and it was pony.
This sounds like a real life doco so I will try and find it.

There have been two this year set in Brighton - Cuffs, which was pretty dreadful and The Level, which was average (imho like).

Any NSCers on this latest one? :lol:

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

That geezer was the thickest criminal genius I have ever witnessed. The look on his face when he was bang to rights after being so confident and relaxed was a thing of beauty. Did he really think they would bring him all the way down from the Isle of Sheppy with no evidence. Absolute weapon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Having watched this program makes me realise how easy being a policeman must be if that is the standard of 'criminal' we are dealing with :dunce:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Disgusting TV, state of that tea cup at the end. Criminal.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I would probably put prison in my top 1 places i would expect phone calls to be recorded.

Its almost like its a building full of suspicious characters who have the potential to make dodgy phone calls.

What a DUMB DUMB

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I would probably put prison in my top 1 places i would expect phone calls to be recorded.

Its almost like its a building full of suspicious characters who have the potential to make dodgy phone calls.

What a DUMB DUMB

When they said they had traced the calls I assumed they meant on a smuggled in mobile phone. When it turned out it was on the phone registered to his actual cell I spat my tea out. You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Couldnt get over fact that police said when they went to prison get him that if if didnt want to go they couldnt do anything. Whats that about

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Couldnt get over fact that police said when they went to prison get him that if if didnt want to go they couldnt do anything. Whats that about

When police do what is called a 'Prisoner production' from HMP there is no obligation for the prisoner to come out of his cell. They are generally not getting arrested the police just want to interview them so they can simply refuse to go. What normally happens then is the police gather more evidence and will wait until they are released then arrest them as they exit the prison gates which sometimes comes as a bit of a surprise to them as they are eagerly anticipating their first pint down the boozer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I have no idea. Can you rearrange the words hun

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Even so, after all those recorded calls, he got away with it, didn't he?

The jury couldn't reach a verdict first time, he then pled guilty to conspiracy to rob plus another charge (i think) and got 8 years.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
There have been two this year set in Brighton - Cuffs, which was pretty dreadful and The Level, which was average (imho like).

Any NSCers on this latest one? :lol:

Cuffs was the one I saw on the ABC, it was piss poor, just watched to see the old place.
It looked like quite a few scenes were outside the Brighton area though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here