Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Murphy

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh yes it is [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much fun as this would be, I need to crack on with the day.

Any post that contains the line:-

After two games, it is apparent which players, at present, have appeared to struggle to adapt to a higher level.

Is clearly not a great post.

I naturally assumed they had invented a time machine and was writing it from twelve games in the future.
Now then not only would it be a great post, it would also be an adequate scientific achievement.

#ToughGrader.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Re last para, don't agree with you (sorry). How can it be counterproductive? We're just 'muppets from the stand', all with an opinion.

Inevitably we all have our favourites and villains, and therefore the good and bad for certain players will always be exaggerated.

I rarely hear people having a go audibly, though admittedly I have in the past, last one was Gardner, perceived lack of effort as two opponents jogged by him.....

Players do know when fans slag them off. I doubt they read Nsc, but they do know.

I didn't like Dean Wilkins for various reasons, and I bumped into Alex Revell in Newhaven, and whilst talking to him, he mentioned that I didn't like Wilkins. [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] will verify this as he was there too.
I still don't know how he knew.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I didn't like Dean Wilkins for various reasons, and I bumped into Alex Revell in Newhaven, and whilst talking to him, he mentioned that I didn't like Wilkins. [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] will verify this as he was there too.

I can indeed verify this 100%.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Players do know when fans slag them off. I doubt they read Nsc, but they do know.

They're always watching you...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Murphy is a decent player, but more importantly he has genuine pace. Something which gives him an edge over our other attacking players in the Premier League.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As much fun as this would be, I need to crack on with the day.

After two games, it is apparent which players, at present, have appeared to struggle to adapt to a higher level.

I naturally assumed they had invented a time machine and was writing it from twelve games in the future.
Now then not only would it be a great post, it would also be an adequate scientific achievement.

#ToughGrader.

That is fair, but there is no doubt they are struggling, not to say they won't make it, but are definitely struggling.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You're a clown then. What is wrong with using two games as a yardstick to whether or not players have struggled? Either they have or they haven't. We are perfectly at liberty to discuss whether or not Jamie Murphy is capable of stepping up to this standard, based on his performances so far. We're not all going to be clapping seals like you are beyond the point of embarrassment - see CMS for details. You think you're the voice of reason when actually you're just a bit clueless just moaning at anyone who dares to hold a negative opinion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes, but to be fair that was a different time.

Guy Butters mentioned to me he used to pop on here now and again to have a look, and the club certainly monitor it.

Also with a relatively sparse crowd at Withdean players are more likely to hear 'cat-calls', which could prompt them to follow it up.

These days, with Twitter etc.... I really don't think they would do. I don't know, but unless anyone can confirm otherwise I would think it unlikely.

Edit - not doubting you re Wilkins

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Re last para, don't agree with you (sorry). How can it be counterproductive? We're just 'muppets from the stand', all with an opinion.

Inevitably we all have our favourites and villains, and therefore the good and bad for certain players will always be exaggerated.

I rarely hear people having a go audibly, though admittedly I have in the past, last one was Gardner, perceived lack of effort as two opponents jogged by him.....

I'm not entirely sure I agree with myself, but Jiri knows he's going to hear groans from the ESL, AK could play an identical game and hear nothing but support.

There's a 101 factors as to why that might be, hence not necessarily agreeing myself, but like it or not one of those factors is NSC.

It's easy to name the player, name his critic, and write their OTT post for them, we get it. (Oh and obviously I'm not immune from my own criticism here)

If i'm going to get groaned at, the moment I touched the ball, I can't see it improving my game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're a clown then. What is wrong with using two games as a yardstick to whether or not players have struggled? Either they have or they haven't. We are perfectly at liberty to discuss whether or not Jamie Murphy is capable of stepping up to this standard, based on his performances so far. We're not all going to be clapping seals like you are beyond the point of embarrassment - see CMS for details. You think you're the voice of reason when actually you're just a bit clueless just moaning at anyone who dares to hold a negative opinion.
I just don't see how 2 games with an incomplete squad, against top quality opposition, can be used as a yardstick.

As said that might be a great post from November, just not August.

I wonder if 'Field think they are competitive in the Premier League having crushed palace and Newcastle.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm not entirely sure I agree with myself, but Jiri knows he's going to hear groans from the ESL, AK could play an identical game and hear nothing but support.

There's a 101 factors as to why that might be, hence not necessarily agreeing myself, but like it or not one of those factors is NSC.

It's easy to name the player, name his critic, and write their OTT post for them, we get it. (Oh and obviously I'm not immune from my own criticism here)

If i'm going to get groaned at, the moment I touched the ball, I can't see it improving my game.

Yes, but re last para, unless there's a break in play, they should be concentrating and only see the ball.....

That said, I do recall Barnes glaring at the north stand following a miss, I guess they are all different.......

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
I just don't see how 2 games with an incomplete squad, against top quality opposition, can be used as a yardstick.

I wonder if 'Field think they are competitive in the Premier League having crushed palace and Newcastle.

In general I agree but surely judging an individual who's been at the club for a long period of time is valid criticism?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Oh right, so we have to sit here until November until we're allowed to express an opinion that a player might not be up to it? This is a football chat site FFS. Nobody said you weren't to allowed to continue believing CMS was a decent striker despite being absolute pony for the last year of your nonsense did they?

As for Huddersfield, yes their fans are probably quite encouraged by their start. They are probably thinking they now have a fighting chance of staying up because they have beaten two sides they would have hoped to pick up points from. I doubt anybody there is saying they are definitely safe already though. Sorry, what exactly is your point?

And whilst we are on that subject, why are you using "'Field"? It is "Huddersfield" or "Town" if you're one of them. If you want to continue reading as an absolute tool then at least use a lower case "f".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In general I agree but surely judging an individual who's been at the club for a long period of time is valid criticism?

As far as I'm concerned, there is a big difference between suggesting Murphy looks like he might not be up to Prem football and deciding that Ryan is sh*t and that we should get rid of him.

One is a considered point of view, one is knee jerk nonsense. I suggest that people like stat brother actually wise up to the difference. I'd rather read about considered opinions on here than seeing more "hilarious" pictures of dogs in Brighton scarves.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
As far as I'm concerned, there is a big difference between suggesting Murphy looks like he might not be up to Prem football and deciding that Ryan is sh*t and that we should get rid of him.

One is a considered point of view, one is knee jerk nonsense. I suggest that people like stat brother actually wise up to the difference. I'd rather read about considered opinions on here than seeing more "hilarious" pictures of dogs in Brighton scarves.

Agreed.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Having read the posts on the Leicester "official match thread" after the game had ended, I think I would have preferred the dogs! So much negativity!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here