Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Murphy

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Even so. That's not a high bar considering how little we did attack. We have better offensive options out on loan.

Murphy being in the team for his defensive abilities is self perpetuating.

Are you still going....................I thought you would have demolished that wall with your head by now - You started at 19.55

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No pressure in training.

I agree with the comment that he's better than he believes he is but he has to change that and with new arrivals he might not get the chance.

I was speaking to someone about him at the weekend and they were saying ''Never lets you down''

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
I can't believe we are really having this conversation. Perhaps not the player to send a frisson down the spine when seen on the team sheet, but gives his all every game, is always where he needs to be to help the team out and can turn a match with a drop of his shoulder.
Has not looked out of place in the last 2 games!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can't believe we are really having this conversation. Perhaps not the player to send a frisson down the spine when seen on the team sheet, but gives his all every game, is always where he needs to be to help the team out and can turn a match with a drop of his shoulder.
Has not looked out of place in the last 2 games!

Sorry but he does not turn a match with the drop of his shoulder. How many examples can you think of? Everyone refers to the Reading game but what else?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Murphy is decent. And ours. Next!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was speaking to someone about him at the weekend and they were saying ''Never lets you down''

To be fair Noo you are his biggest fan......

The best post in this thread was when you referred to the manager seeing something in him, and that's all that matters.

Personally, I don't rate him, and he crucially lost possession on the first goal Saturday, before Suttner and Ryan completed the comedy of errors. His tackling is poor and decision making isn't the best, though when he is running from halfway or cutting onto his right foot, there can be no doubt that he is dangerous.

However, pre-season he was excellent and his selection is justified for the moment.

All opinions of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are you still going....................I thought you would have demolished that wall with your head by now - You started at 19.55

I can't believe (fairly) rational posters are still coming on here to argue the toss with someone who thinks LuaLua would be a better bet for us than Murphy!

LuaLua presumably won't be coming back. Just Ince to find a home for now (and maybe a temporary home for Towell).

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I like Murphy be offers a lot, he can carry the ball well, helps his full back, makes decent decisions and is an excellent finisher.
Will he be a regular starter? Probably not but against a tiring defence or on the counter he is a very good option.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Always thought he was out of his depth in the championship.

Now he's starting in the premiership im a little baffled.

I know his stats and match ratings always seem to be decent but I never see it myself.

Does anyone see something in him that I'm missing?

Nope. I just can't see what he offers.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be fair Noo you are his biggest fan......The best post in this thread was when you referred to the manager seeing something in him, and that's all that matters.

Personally, I don't rate him, and he crucially lost possession on the first goal Saturday, before Suttner and Ryan completed the comedy of errors. His tackling is poor and decision making isn't the best, though when he is running from halfway or cutting onto his right foot, there can be no doubt that he is dangerous.

However, pre-season he was excellent and his selection is justified for the moment.

All opinions of course.

I must concede on that one, although there is another poster who'd young lad is a big fan as well, so with Chris that's 3 of us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I must concede on that one, although there is another poster who'd young lad is a big fan as well, so with Chris that's 3 of us.

There are certainly a lot more than three.

Slightly off-topic, but I'm staggered he's not in the Scottish squad......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There are certainly a lot more than three.

Slightly off-topic, but I'm staggered he's not in the Scottish squad......

He did make the squad for a double header of friendly's but didn't start either game. I don't think Gordon Strachan sees what he gives defensively, otherwise he would have got at least 30 mins in one of those games. He seems to prefer Snodgrass in that position

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He did make the squad for a double header of friendly's but didn't start either game. I don't think Gordon Strachan sees what he gives defensively, otherwise he would have got at least 30 mins in one of those games. He seems to prefer Snodgrass in that position

No offence intended but surely he's as good as if not better than most of the Scottish wingers knocking around.

I thought he was excellent in season 15-16 and was disappointed he didn't play more. Last season I thought he trod water a bit and never quite recaptured top form. I think he had a decent pre-season and hence getting his chance as Hughton is worried about Knocky breaking down. Am thinking when the new winger gets going we won't see much of him unless the Colombian plays up front. Better than Skalak but perhaps not quite got enough to play consistently in the top league. If the worst happens he could be a strong player again lower down

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If posters spent more time watching Sandra Bullock in Demolition Man, they'd be less inclined to moan about Jamie bleeding Murphy.

#GuessWhatI'mWatching

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He's a solid championship player and nothing more while skalak is league 1 :)

I prefer Skalak. He is a superb crosser of the ball and has a deadly finish. Neither of which are true of Murphy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here