Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jovetic

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
That sounds awfully like his response to the Steve Sidwell rumour when he visited as 'Bobby's mate'. ???

Here is the Sidwell quote in full,

Albion boss Chris Hughton has played down Steve Sidwell's appearance at the Amex today.
Sidwell watched the 2-1 win against Huddersfield as a guest of former Albion and Fulham team-mate Bobby Zamora, who opened the scoring.
A well-placed source has told The Argus Stoke midfielder Sidwell's future rests with the Seagulls or Fulham.
Hughton said: "I've had a few people ask me that one, which I wasn't aware of actually. The club are very good, they've looked after him today.
"He's Bobby Zamora's big mate. There's been a few other people upstairs which I am quite sure have had no connection with the transfer window. I think probably that's it."
Hughton, asked if that meant there is no interest from Albion, added: "I think primarily he was here because he's Bobby friend. From the club's point of view they are very good at looking after ex-players and managers.
"I think the fact he was here in view of everybody it was one that's done for the right reasons, looking after one of Bobby's friends."

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
A very good idea!

Needs intervention at the top to make it happen though. Clubs get into trouble when they are relegated with highly-paid players contracted to them for long periods.

As we did in 1983 when we went down and were still paying huge wages to players on long contracts - at the time I think it was reported that some of the players were on 10 year contracts (which I found difficult to believe).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor said No a while back, but seems to be choosing his words very carefully about this one now.

He is focusing on his info from the past, not the situation today...

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/900125178088345601

I reckon this could well be a 'Zamora transfer' which is much more secret and only the innermost circle are involved, which also isn't in the information the club give to Naylor.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
As we did in 1983 when we went down and were still paying huge wages to players on long contracts - at the time I think it was reported that some of the players were on 10 year contracts (which I found difficult to believe).

Believe this is correct.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Naylor said No a while back, but seems to be choosing his words very carefully about this one now.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/900125178088345601

Seems a bit 'don't shoot the messenger' to me. I think he has sniffed around the Italian & Spanish reports and might believe the club weren't being completely candid with him three weeks ago. And why should they if they are are planning to pull off a transfer coup the size of the Vicente one but for a player in his prime? The secrecy would need to be top level.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Yeah both have the same quote, which is basically this:

"Milan's Ramadani, agent of Jovetic, arrived: many of the offerings rejected until now by the Montenegrin, including the richest of Brighton (16 million at Inter)"

Now Sevilla are in the Champions League, he'll go there.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well, someone asked the question about Jovetic, was laughed at by the club's media representative and had it knocked down by CH. It's also undeniable that he would most likely annihilate the wage structure, something that players from Belgium and Switzerland don't do.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Seems a bit 'don't shoot the messenger' to me. I think he has sniffed around the Italian & Spanish reports and might believe the club weren't being completely candid with him three weeks ago. And why should they if they are are planning to pull off a transfer coup the size of the Vicente one but for a player in his prime? The secrecy would need to be top level.

I reckon this could well be a 'Zamora transfer' which is much more secret and only the innermost circle are involved, which also isn't in the information the club give to Naylor.

Hmmm, agreed. So CH doesn't even know where Jovetic is playing.......ok then [emoji6]

That sounds awfully like his response to the Steve Sidwell rumour when he visited as 'Bobby's mate'. ???

So it's imminent?

Why is everything a bloomin conspiracy these days ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here