Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jovetic

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Didn't see that he had rejected toon who would likely slap a contract in front of him to fill in himself.

This combined with Naylor saying no last time it surfaced doesn't instill much confidence in it's authenticity.

A shame, because he is more of a finished article than the others we have been linked with and in my opinion would score the goals to keep us up.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
How do you know he is a vast improvement on Jose Ezquirido?
Izquierdo is a winger, Jovetic is a forward. As you well know, I meant "in his position".

But you're right, and I'm sure Bruno is a better right back than Jovetic too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Izquierdo is a winger, Jovetic is a forward. As you well know, I meant "in his position".

But you're right, and I'm sure Bruno is a better right back than Jovetic too.

Both Jovetic and Izquierido have played upfront and on the wings.

Not sure where you're going with Bruno?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Primarily, Izquierdo is a winger and Jovetic is a striker and both have played most of their games in those positions.

The Bruno point is fairly simple, you're comparing apples and pears.

Last edited:

seaford

Feb 8, 2007

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Primarily, Izquierdo is a winger and Jovetic is a winger and both have played most of their games in those positions.

The Bruno point is fairly simple, you're comparing apples and pears.

No I'm not. I'm asking you how you know Jovetic is going to be a vast improvement on Ezquierido considering they both play in similar positions?

You've claimed comparing Ezquierido and Jovetic is like comparing apples and pears, whilst also claiming they play in similar positions?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Isn't the average Prem wage around 50k a week though?

I agree, average is certainly good enough for us. 80k a week wages would be stupid on an average player. Usually the beginning of the end for clubs when they start doing that.

Are we assuming that 80k a week in euros or pounds? Not that it's a huge difference of course. But he may want a return to English football. A loan deal could see 50% of wages paid.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
according to wiki, he played 21 games last season and scored 6.

The 2015-2016 season he played 26 games and again, only scored 6.

So when was the last time he's scored more than 8?

As I said before you're counting his substitute appearances as full games. He made 12 starts for Sevilla, scored six goals and got four assists. The fans loved him and he put in some good performances.

The last time he was first choice striker for a season he scored 13 in 31 starts (2012/13). He got 14 in 27 games the previous year. In 2013 he moved to Man City and only started 2 games, scoring 3 goals. He started 9 the next year and got 5 goals and 3 assists.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
No I'm not. I'm asking you how you know Jovetic is going to be a vast improvement on Ezquierido considering they both play in similar positions?

You've claimed comparing Ezquierido and Jovetic is like comparing apples and pears, whilst also claiming they play in similar positions?
No I'm not. I'm saying they play in different positions. That's my whole point. I have little doubt Izquierdo will be better at LW than Jovetic.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I agree. He certainly would be an improvement on what we have. It just would be a shame that we have to pay him the same sort of wages as Harry Kane and yet he's probably not half as good.
I think that's more of an indication of how underpaid the best England striker is.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems to me this would be a good signing as a support striker, the Baldock role. or a winger if we're playing 4-3-3. not going solve any goal scoring problems in the squad (other than providing more opportunities) nor worth top striker money.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

He obviously made an error and meant to say 'Jovetic is a striker'.

You mention he played 21 games based on Wikipedia. The problem with Wikipedia is that it far from tells the whole story.

Of those 21 games he was substituted on late 9 times. He played 1206 minutes which equates to about 13 actual games.

Likewise his 26 games for Inter there were 8 substitute appearences and he played a total of 1532 minutes which equates to about 17 actual games.

Not suggesting this makes his record good by the way but he has played at a very high standard for the last few years. I personally think he is a quality player who will score us enough goals as our main man to stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here