Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Up: the inside story of Albion's promotion - out now!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Brighton Up.jpg

May I recommend this book, written by, er, someone extremely close to me?

It's as near to an official promotion book as you can get, as the writer was given access to players, officials, coaches and TB, PB and CH themselves. It covers mainly the past two seasons, because he thought that you could only really appreciate last season if you know about what happened the season before. But there are also flashbacks to Hereford and beyond, such as Alan Mullery recalling the near miss of 1978.

Some of it everyone will know, and some of you will know most of it, but there are fresh insights from Paul Winstanley, Colin Calderwood, Glenn Murray, Lewis Dunk, Bruno, Solly March, Ben Roberts, Paul Barber and some bloke called David Stockdale.

It's available from City Books, the publisher's own website (details below), Amazon (which will make Bozza happy) and - I believe - will also be in the club shop.

https://www.bitebackpublishing.com/books/brighton-hove-albion-from-despair-to-triumph

The author tells me that he tried to write the book he would have wanted to read, and to let the people involved tell the story as much as possible. He also assures me that the slightly eye-watering price was the publisher's idea and not his.

Sadly, it sheds no light on what happened to the Cup Final money. Apologies to Ernest.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Started reading this morning - enjoying it so far! :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Apparently not in the club shop just yet. But should be by the West Brom game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apparently not in the club shop just yet. But should be by the West Brom game.

That's a helluva a long time you're going to have to keep bouncing this thread :p

Seriously, looks like a cracking 400 page read. Any plans for a paperback version? Any plans for one or more book readings (not ALL of it, obviously) anywhere in town?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
View attachment 88402

May I recommend this book, written by, er, someone extremely close to me?

It's as near to an official promotion book as you can get, as the writer was given access to players, officials, coaches and TB, PB and CH themselves. It covers mainly the past two seasons, because he thought that you could only really appreciate last season if you know about what happened the season before. But there are also flashbacks to Hereford and beyond, such as Alan Mullery recalling the near miss of 1978.

Some of it everyone will know, and some of you will know most of it, but there are fresh insights from Paul Winstanley, Colin Calderwood, Glenn Murray, Lewis Dunk, Bruno, Solly March, Ben Roberts, Paul Barber and some bloke called David Stockdale.

It's available from City Books, the publisher's own website (details below), Amazon (which will make Bozza happy) and - I believe - will also be in the club shop.

https://www.bitebackpublishing.com/books/brighton-hove-albion-from-despair-to-triumph

The author tells me that he tried to write the book he would have wanted to read, and to let the people involved tell the story as much as possible. He also assures me that the slightly eye-watering price was the publisher's idea and not his.

Sadly, it sheds no light on what happened to the Cup Final money. Apologies to Ernest.

Is the price so eye watering that you don't want to mention it in your post!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wonder if it's any better than that AWFUL Dick Tight book ???

He was next to me in the gents at Leicester, I thought so much about you dear boy

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That's a helluva a long time you're going to have to keep bouncing this thread :p

Seriously, looks like a cracking 400 page read. Any plans for a paperback version? Any plans for one or more book readings (not ALL of it, obviously) anywhere in town?

I believe it will actually be in the shop before that. I'm up for doing readings - City Books may sort something - but so much of it is quotes that I'll have to practise a few vocal impersonations first. Unless I can persuade some players to come along...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Was it written by HB&B then?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Computer says £18.99. Or £15.99 for the eBook version. Ouch!

Sounds a fair price to me for a niche subject - and think of the resale value in 34 seasons time when we next play in the PL?!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here