Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Hudds the next Leicester?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A 4-0 defeat to Man utd on Saturday will be a nice reality check for them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Is Wagner the next Eddie Howe, something a bit smug about the guy

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They got promoted despite a distinct lack of goals, and acted swiftly in the summer to try and remedy that. The guy Mounie up front looks like one of those who will be a handful at times, but probably miss a few sitters too. Retaining Mooy was obviously a good move, and they've also moved to replace that lump Hefele at the back, who screams "cult hero" because he's bit of a character, but isn't actually that good a defender, certainly not at Premier League level.

I looked at them in the summer and thought they had all the hallmarks of a Bournemouth type project. A manager who still has a bit of an aura about him, and who can evidently get the best out of previously unheralded players. They do play fast, pressing football, and like to work on the counter attack. Yes, they've had some kind opening fixtures, but you've still got to win them, and they have (I said before the opening day I fancied them to win at Selhurst, based on a likely underestimation of them by Palace). I imagine they will have a mix of great wins and a few hammerings this season, just like Bournemouth are prone to doing.

As for us: jeez, we've played two games :lolol: No need to press the ejector seat button just yet.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Some of the shit being written on this board over the first two games of the season beggars belief.

Just goes to show how fickle some of our "fans" are.
There have been several years where a promoted team has got off to a really good start but by Christmas they are in a relegation battle (as I expect us to be, all season)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Pleased for them.Hope they win plenty more,apart from our games.Just glad it's not Newcastle,particularly after our start.Benitez first to go?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can see nothing other than a return to the Huddersfield of the 1920s. A hat-trick of titles awaits them.

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We won the league
three times in a row
We won the FA Cup
and now we're staying up
those were the days,
Oh yes those were the days.
la la la la la laaaaaaaa
la la la la la laaaaaa
etc etc

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They were lucky enough to play against a Palace side with a new manager where they could just continue to play as they did last season, followed by a fellow promotee. We had Man City and former league champions so in reality we have done well keeping it to 4 goals against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here