Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Hudds the next Leicester?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The fixture computer was way kinder to them than us for the start of the season.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'd much prefer to have our 0 points than their 6 points
Keeps us under the radar :)
We've played 2 teams who recently won the prem title
They've played last seasons and this seasons relegation fodder
And a promoted side from the championship who've spent less than us and Hudds

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great start, there's no denying it. But they've just played a Championship club today, and a Championship club in waiting. You couldn't have wished for a gentler start to the Premier League.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I slashd my wrists earlier, but now I've changd my mind. Any advic

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can only tell after six or seven games if they will be consistent, though they do play with more confidence than us at the moment.
We seem to have 'rabbit in the headlights' syndrome.
Maybe their gamble will pay off as I expect their only priority, like ours, is not to get relegated.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Great start for them picking up 6 points, but it was against two of the other relegation candidates. Be interesting to see how they fair against one of the better sides. Still fancy us to finish above them.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
They play without fear and there's real quality in the side. I'm jealous.

Have you gone completely insane? Two games in and they've played a Palace side who are probably going to be in a relegation battle with us, and a Championship side that hasn't strengthened.

Whereas we have played the favourites for the title and a Leicester side who won the damn thing two seasons ago and finished in the last eight of the Champions League last season.

They virtually completed all of their transfer business before kicking a ball in the Premier League, we on the other hand are still trying to get deals over the line. Get a feckin grip man. :shrug:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
if the fixtures had been reversed and we had played palace and nufc and Hudds played City and Leics, then I don't believe Hudds would have any points either.

However, I am afraid I don't think we would have six points.......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's going to be interesting to see how the philosophies of Wagner and Hughton do this season. Wagner plays high tempo football with no fear and will not sit back and I imagine we will set up not to lose and try and grab something on the break, going totally defensive if we score, regardless who we are playing.

At the moment it's much more fun being a Hudds fan but it's only two games and didn't their style of football give them a negative goal difference last season? As I say, it's going to be interesting to see how we both cope this season. I dare say they will be much more entertaining than us all season.

Once we have a decent striker I'll back us to finish above them, if we don't get one then I suggest they will do better than us but will not set the division alight for much longer.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I have them down as being like Blackpool were a few years back. They'll play some lovely football, win a fair few games, become many people's second team but ultimately struggle. They don't have a big squad, they play at a high tempo which will take it's toll and if last year is anything to go by they are streaky. I imagine at the higher level the winning streaks will be shorter than the losing streaks.

Personally, I hope they stay up, so long as it's not at our expense.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yup. Get your keyboard repaired as your letter 'E' is buggered. :lolol:

Despite the obvious (my typing badly for comedy effect) . . . you don't know how right you are..... never let others use your laptop when they are more used to a 1950s style typewriter keyboard . . . . my poor little vaio has been Traumatised. The 'e' is now glued back in place and is as reliable as Buckley's hamstring :censored:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
This feels like 2016/17 all over again with 'who plays who and when'.
But so far they've played two easy games and next up is Southampton (H) momentum means a win. West Ham (A) should trouble them as it's the Hammers home debut this season. Leicester (H) will be their first test but Burnley (A) who knows. Spurs (H) will be their downfall and should they come away from Swansea with anything then it hits the wall. Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Everton, Brighton & Chelsea are 7 of the next 9.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So much bullshit on this thread, but this is classic:

And there is the difference from Wagner to Hughton, No fear.
I thought the difference was about 13 points?

And as far as I can remember, I don't recall Wagner's side grabbing the game by the throat at the Amex last year - in fact they lost 1-0 and even Wigan showed more adventure than they did. Let's see how Huddersfield set up against Manchester City and us against Newcastle eh?

The real issue is that some of our players (new and old) just aren't firing yet. Propper has been poor, Ryan questionable, Stephens looks out of his depth (hopefully temporarily), Gross has regressed since the pre-season games and so on - but it is important to see that we've only played TWO games, one of those against the champions elect, the other was away to a possible top ten side. Way too early too be drawing daft conclusions such as "Hughton's side play with fear, unlike Wagner's". As I say, a big well done to Huddersfield for a fantastic start for them, but let's wait until they get properly spanked and see what happens then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here