Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Izquierdo - Don't Raise Expectations

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Our new fastman winger about to embark on his Premier League career with us comes from FC Brugges, towards the end of the transfer window to a newly promoted team.
I am not sure how good he is or where CH will put him in the team, but many on here are refering to him in 'prodigal son' terms and have raised the expectation of what he can do for us. To put this in context, how much would we think Knockheart is worth, then compare this with what Izquierdo has cost us.
I feel we should adopt a wait and see approach as with Propper, Gross, Suttner and Ryan, otherwise we may be disappointed and back to the usual who wasted the money on this guy.
I do want him to be a roaring success, but I will wait and see like all of our other new signings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Too late.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If he doesn't get a hat-trick, two assists, nutmeg the ref, kiss the badge and clap the fans on his debut he will officially be a flop and a huge waste of money for which heads must roll.

Now we all know where we stand :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We could have a 'discussion' about his form.

A load of people can say 'he's shite', while others reply 'it's too soon to know'.

That is how a discussion works, isn't it?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Hope he's decent FFS.
Saw on twitter earlier about our signings, that Brighton have opened a bag of Revels and pulled out four coffee ones!
Made me laugh anyway.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We have several new signings that will take a while to bed in, however the expectation is much sooner.

It will take till October at the earliest

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here