Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO NSC Hard Of Thinking: Reminder: The Albion’s Last Three Opponents...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Atletico Madrid - 2016-17 – Semi-finalists, UEFA Champions League. Third place, La Liga
Manchester City – 2016-17 – Round of 16, UEFA Champions League. Third place, Premier League
Leicester City – 2016-17 – Quarter-finalists, UEFA Champions League.

Just a thought, but maybe judge our our season's prospects when the transfer window shuts and we've played the likes of Watford, West Brom, Bournemouth and Newcastle.

Writing off our prospects of Premier League survival before the end of September at the earliest is just displaying your ignorance, frankly.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Very true. My reservations are more about how the team is going to be set up this season. Are we being too defensive, or waiting for the right personnel to adjust things ?

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Atletico Madrid - 2016-17 – Semi-finalists, UEFA Champions League. Third place, La Liga
Manchester City – 2016-17 – Round of 16, UEFA Champions League. Third place, Premier League
Leicester City – 2016-17 – Quarter-finalists, UEFA Champions League.

Just a thought, but maybe judge our our season's prospects when the transfer window shuts and we've played the likes of Watford, West Brom, Bournemouth and Newcastle.

Writing off our prospects of Premier League survival before the end of September at the earliest is just displaying your ignorance, frankly.

Patronising those who believe differently to you shows yours.

Blindly believing that things will get better just because we "have a few games under our belt" fails to understand our obvious shortcomings. We are desperately short of pace and our first touch is very poor. The new goal keeper frightens me already. That's just a thought.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Anyone half sensible wouldn't judge a team after 2 games of the season, having played one of the best sides in Europe and a very decent Leicester side.
To be honest the season is a bonus to myself and many others I'm sure and I will enjoy the season and back the team no matter what happens. If we stay up great if we don't life carries on and those who just enjoy watching the Albion no matter what will be back next season in the Championship anyway. We will make a few more improvements yet I'm sure and the team will get better the more they play together.
Like all sites the trolls come out the woodwork if you lose and I'm sure there will be many a person in here that knows better than the manager as the season progresses. The rest of us will enjoy the ride no matter what.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well quite THPP, but its true that most sensible people know this and are off enjoying Sunday than engaging with the trolls and fools on here. Kudos for you for taking them on! I expect there is someone similar on the Bournemouth, Palace, Newcastle and West Ham boards preaching the same

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well quite THPP, but its true that most sensible people know this and are off enjoying Sunday than engaging with the trolls and fools on here. Kudos for you for taking them on!

Take very little pleasure in stating the bleeding obvious mate. But sometimes it just needs stating in pure and simple terms. Else the lunatics get to take over the asylum unchallenged.

Patronising those who believe differently to you shows yours.

Blindly believing that things will get better just because we "have a few games under our belt" fails to understand our obvious shortcomings. We are desperately short of pace and our first touch is very poor. The new goal keeper frightens me already. That's just a thought.

Indeed - also thinking that if we pay big money for a player they will automatically be effective

Take very little pleasure in stating the bleeding obvious mate. But sometimes it just needs stating in pure and simple terms. Else the lunatics get to take over the asylum unchallenged.

Not all heroes wear capes

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed - also thinking that if we pay big money for a player they will automatically be effective

Wow! Always credited you with being far better than that. Your post makes no sense in the context of the thread. Which (as you appear to have aligned yourself with The Hard Of Thinking) was that the transfer window's not yet closed (and we've not even yet seen our record Columbian signing, work permit permitting) and that our next four games are potentially far more winnable than the last three.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Your thread title and last line just winds people unnecessarily.

Good point, well made.

But an eye-catching thread title usually stands a better chance of getting a decent debate going. Which is what it's all about, eh? Everybody gets to state their opinion.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
One of the things that always makes me laugh about NSC is how Black and White everything is to people on here. We are either shit and gonna be down by October or all in the garden is rosy and you are incontinent for believing otherwise! Truth at this point is somewhere in between. We don't look good, the performance Vs Leicester was poor, but our record signing hasn't played yet, we are in the market for a new striker which we clearly need and possibly one or two others. We will also play worse teams than the two we have played. Truth is no one knows where we are currently, lets all wait and see eh?

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
What we have achieved cannot be taken away but now we are here I only want us to give it our best possible shot. I'm also totally up for the ride but don't fancy feeling the same disappointment every time I leave a ground. We will improve. We must improve.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
One of the things that always makes me laugh about NSC is how Black and White everything is to people on here. We are either shit and gonna be down by October or all in the garden is rosy and you are incontinent for believing otherwise! Truth at this point is somewhere in between. We don't look good, the performance Vs Leicester was poor, but our record signing hasn't played yet, we are in the market for a new striker which we clearly need and possibly one or two others. We will also play worse teams than the two we have played. Truth is no one knows where we are currently, lets all wait and see eh?

I don't think it's the same people though. Wins bring out the positive posters and losses the manic depressives.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here