Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield V Newcastle

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
From what I've seen today, Man city and Leicester would of beat them easily. You don't think we can beat Palace and Newcastle.

IMO Palace played better away at Liverpool and Newcastle at home to Tottenham than we played in either of our games. In both these games they created chances and were able to move the ball forward something we don't appear confident of doing. We have been powder puff. And no before you say it I don't want to support Palace or Newcastle.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes but their style of play suits the PL more. It reminds me of B'Muff in their first season.

I agree.

Progressive young manager, playing high energy pressing football, pace everywhere, the 5Live team today described Mounie as a handful to any defence with power, pace and goals. They loved the play of Billing saying he has immense pace in the middle and destroys the attacking runs of opposing CM's who try and ghost in to score, and can maintain that up for 90 minutes.

Was a great start. We're in August and they have already have two out of the ten wins people say it takes to stay up.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMO Palace played better away at Liverpool and Newcastle at home to Tottenham than we played in either of our games. In both these games they created chances and were able to move the ball forward something we don't appear confident of doing. We have been powder puff. And no before you say it I don't want to support Palace or Newcastle.

CP were outplayed at LFC, but you are right, they did have at least three decent chances to score.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Huddersfield will fly this season. You heard it here first.

I agree. I thought it when they did their transfer business early, it seemed so bloody preplanned.

I disregarded the ill informed sneering by preemptive Schadenfreuders that their signings at best had put them only on a par with the mighty Albion. That they'd wasted £40m plus on a bunch of Championship quality players and unknown overseas journeymen.

Why, just out of interest, did you think they'd fly, even before today's win?

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I agree.

Progressive young manager, playing high energy pressing football, pace everywhere, the 5Live team today described Mounie as a handful to any defence with power, pace and goals. They loved the play of Billing saying he has immense pace in the middle and destroys the attacking runs of opposing CM's who try and ghost in to score, and can maintain that up for 90 minutes.

Was a great start. We're in August and they have already have two out of the ten wins people say it takes to stay up.

Someone who has a good knowledge. Sometimes people need to take the blinkers off and see what's around them. Last season they tore us to shreds when we played them away. That style of play will give you more chance in the PL

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes he does, and most importantly someone who is going to score goals regularly. That could be the all important factor teams such as ours come the end of the season.

It's THE factor. Look at Hull, Sund and Boro last season.

The Albion Board know this, Barber has touched on the striker to come and let's hope he's of the quality required if we get him.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Watched the match on Sky and I think Graeme Souness's overwhelming lack of enthusiasm about the quality was brilliant. Now watching Spurs v Chelsea. We're going to be toast against both be it home or away.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yep - our issues appears to be more fundamental than those teams as we are trying a 180 degree change in style from fast direct attacking to defensive containment. Are the passing abilities of the squad good enough for that is the worry, not losing the 2 opening games

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Hasn't any one noticed that Huddersfield have played two sides that will probably finish in the bottom 6? Credit to them for getting the wins but let's wait until they've played some of the better sides before deciding they're world beaters!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Good for Hudds, I like Hudds. They deserved to come up as they were clearly the third best team in the division last year, and for a couple of long stretches were playing as the best team in the division, and if this was any normal season (i.e. without Brighton in the prem) I'd be solidly rooting for them all year

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watched the match on Sky and I think Graeme Souness's overwhelming lack of enthusiasm about the quality was brilliant. Now watching Spurs v Chelsea. We're going to be toast against both be it home or away.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

To get outclassed home and away by Spuds and Chelsea wouldn't matter, as it's all about the happy journey apparently. The Albion fanbase would be chilled about watching that, it's expected.

We'll get our 40 plus points by outplaying the likes of Watford, WBA, Stoke and CP home and away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Duck me, 'Field are next home to Southampton, away to West Ham, then home v Leicester.

It's as if they are in a different league to us.

They'll not need any more points in 2017, and still be a third of the way to safety.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here