Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who took you to your first Brighton game...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My Dad ...who today has reached the grand age of 90 ...late sixties at home to Torquay Utd....thanks for everything Dad

My dad, around '74 (at a guess), but that was the only Albion game he ever took me to, partly because he ran his own business that worked on a Saturday. I wasn't allowed to go on my own after that, so I went with my dodgy cousin a few times, then school friends when I was a bit older.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My Dad - away to Port Vale, 1990 ish aged 7 I think. I took a little stool and lunchbox onto the terrace with me, not sure that would be allowed now!

We lost 2.1 and Robert Codner scored from long range. Couldn't stop talking about it for weeks after apparently and been in love with the game and club ever since.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
My Dad. Details of the game / year not provided to protect the innocent.

By-the-way, where are we going with this? So far we have about 100 'My Dad' responses, a 'Your Mum', various other relatives, one or two friends, and Ben's Grandad was taken by Tutankhamun.

Still no poll to make sense of it all. Hardly Premier League Ready are we?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
My dear old Dad took me to my first game at the Goldstone to see Albion v Barrow back in 1964 just before my 10th Birthday. We stood in the North West corner and I fell in love with our beautiful blue & white striped shirts (Barrow's were a sort of shitty reddy/brown colour),and we won 2-1, I think !
He died in 1975 so God only knows what he would have made of where we are now and how we got here!
Thanks Dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here