Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who took you to your first Brighton game...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On my own - January 1967, FA Cup 3rd. round at Aldershot. Played for the school 2nd. XI in the morning at some nearby school, "missed" the coach home and headed for Aldershot. Went home by train.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
The bloke that lived next door when we moved down from Scotland was taking his boy and asked if I wanted to go.

March 22, 1975 we lost 0-1 to Blackburn Rovers.

Seem to remember there was a long queue to get a pie at half time...........

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My Dad took me to a friendly against Norwich City in May 1977. I recently sourced the programme.

Not sure why the friendly took place. I wondered if it may have been a testimonial for Grummit.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My neighbour took several of us for his son's birthday in the early 90's. Stood on a Heineken crate behind the North Stand goal. Unbelievably exciting.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
My dad arranged for a stranger in the pub, a lady, to take me in 77 or 78, I was 9 or 10. She also took me to the next game afterwards and we go separated :shrug:. I made my way back to central Brighton, strangely, I never saw her again and never got taken again. I am not sure which game I remember, first or second but think it was against borough and we won 2-0 or 2-1 with Ward scoring a late goal. Returned about 1981 with friends aged about 13.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nobody. I was 11. I walked from Portslade to the Goldstone and back, with my mate Andy, also 11, and our brothers, both aged 8. We stood behind the South goal and watched the Albion beat Barrow 4-2. When we scored, we threw our blue and white bobble hats (knitted by our mums) into the air.

Is the Andy from Wiltshire? :)

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
My dad took me in 1958, first season in the old second division. Don;t remember the game but do know that he had made a stool for me to stand on and we watched from the 'chicken run'. He took me quite regularly after that and I paricularly remember the Fulham game when the record crowd of 37,000 thousand plus was recorded and we won 3-1

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
My mate who was a year older than me took me to my first game at the tender age of 10 in 1968
My dad had taken me to a few Pompey games before that but never felt the love I did when I first entered The Goldstone

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An elder brother, in January 1976, for a 6-0 home league win over Colchester in Division Three, in front of 16,000. We were only mid table then along with CPFC, but we had the makings of a good team and soon added Peter Ward, etc, The rest is history.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Some friends used to go and one of them was a girl that I really fancied . In order to get in the group and closer to her , I joined them . It was Hallifax Town c.1970 . We won well . If my memory is correct Alan Gilliver scored a hat trick. My relationship with the blonde girl never developed but I have loved The Albion ever since

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
My Dad, 1964 evening game against Millwall in the League Cup I think. We beat them 2-1 I think and we were on the East terrace and I had a beer crate to stand on.
I was 8 years old and couldnt believe some of the words that these rough London chaps were saying, dad said they were talking Cockney thats why I didnt understand what they meant.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
My dad took me for my 8th birthday in March 1953. I think it was Swindon. Took me again for the Fulham game when we won and had the record gate of 39000. After that I went on my own

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here